Mailing List Archive

We're looking for Linux beta testers for our new PowerPC board
Hi all,

We're looking for Linux beta testers for our new PowerPC board. The new
board, codenamed Cyrus Plus, will be an replacement for the Nemo board
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000). The revision 2.0
prototype contains a Freescale P5020 CPU which is a 2 GHz, 64-bit
dual-core PowerPC SoC. The Cyrus Plus board will also accept the new
P5040 when it becomes commercially available in greater volume. This is
a 64-bit quad-core PowerPC Freescale CPU which operates up to 2.4 GHz.
As with Nemo, the Cyrus Plus motherboard has been custom designed to run
the latest version of AmigaOS 4 and will support multiple PowerPC Linux
distributions.
The deadline for applications is at the end of December. Successful beta
test applicants also have the option of having their name or nickname
added to the Cyrus Plus motherboard silkscreen. However, the deadline
for this option is earlier and is set the 15th of December. If you have
registered your interest in joining the Cyrus Plus beta team and have
not yet had a response from A-EON please send an email to
contact(at)a-eon.com.

http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Marcin_sm.jpg
http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/CyrusPlus.jpg
http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/varisys.jpg
http://blog.a-eon.biz/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Cyrus_Plus_bottom_name_smal2l.jpg

http://www.a-eon.com/18-10-2013-3.pdf

Rgds,

Christian
Re: [gentoo-ppc-dev] We're looking for Linux beta testers for our new PowerPC board [ In reply to ]
Excellent. I'm all about building uclibc gentoo stages and would love
to produce one for ppc like I've done for mips, arm, amd64 and i686.

So how do I apply?

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology