Mailing List Archive

OF device trees needed for work on Windfarm thermal drivers
Apologies for the cross posting, but I wanted to reach both audiences of PPC.

I'm working on the windfarm thermal drivers, trying to support:
- absolutely all of the sensors available
- write windfarm modules for as-yet unported or unwritten machines
(Current list is PowerMac3,6 PowerMac7,2, PowerMac12,1).

I only have a PowerMac11,2 myself, but I'm making reasonable progress so
far. I do however need the device trees from the machines to get stuff
cleaned up and do my own reasonable validation that it will work before
actually testing it on the hardware.

I'm looking for the /proc/device-tree/ data for the following machines:
PowerMac3,6
PowerMac8,1
PowerMac8,2
PowerMac9,1
RackMac3,1
(check in /proc/cpuinfo if you need to know what your machine is).

I already have the trees for:
PowerBook4,3
PowerMac11,2
PowerMac12,1
PowerMac7,2
PowerMac7,3

If your machine is in neither of the two above lists, but is still G4 or
newer (iBook/PowerBook/PowerMac/iMac), I'd appreciate your device tree
as well, to see if windfarm is perhaps usable on your hardware.

There is a potential question of legality of having this data in some
parts of the world, so I'd like the tarballs to me mailed to me
directly, and not posted to the lists.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org
Re: OF device trees needed for work on Windfarm thermal drivers [ In reply to ]
I forgot to note how to grab the data I need:

Please do:
tar cvzf ~/${MACHINE}-device-tree.tar.gz -C /proc /device-tree

Where $MACHINE is your machine,
eg PowerMac8,1

--
Robin Hugh Johnson