Mailing List Archive

IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException: Bug 86371
Hi PPC Devs-

Can anyone here comment on this problem?

I've been trying for nearly two months now to get java and ant and
related software to build in ppc/linux, and I keep seeing this same
problem. I've filed two bug reports (86371 and 91815) over the past two
months about it now and with new information I've just turned up today,
could probably file a third related to commons-beanutils. Another user
is also seeing 91815, but I seem to be the only one affected by 86371.

Is the configuration on my box broken? Is this a bug? I seem to be the
only one suffering from 86371 but my configuration may be somewhat
unusual too in that I'm using utf8 wherever possible
(my /etc/locales.build is below). Googling for the
sun.io.MalformedInputException turns up many references to utf8.

aphrodite root # cat /etc/locales.build

en_US/ISO-8859-1
en_US.UTF-8/UTF-8
ja_JP.EUC-JP/EUC-JP
ja_JP.UTF-8/UTF-8
ja_JP/EUC-JP
en_HK/ISO-8859-1
en_PH/ISO-8859-1
de_DE/ISO-8859-1
de_DE@euro/ISO-8859-15
es_MX/ISO-8859-1
fa_IR/UTF-8
fr_FR/ISO-8859-1
fr_FR@euro/ISO-8859-15
it_IT/ISO-8859-1

I could really use some expert help on this. It's affecting OOo,
ant-tasks, commons-beanutils, and several others in that I cannot merge
these packages because of this problem.

TIA.

-Kevin