Mailing List Archive

unsubscribe

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 21:25 +0200, fisch wrote:
> unsubscribe

Yes it is tempting, i have yet to see a mail in here in a week of
subscription im sure there used to be more posts than this :(

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 02 August 2005 03:25 pm, fisch wrote:
> unsubscribe

No!
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 17:05 -0400, Jerry McBride wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 August 2005 03:25 pm, fisch wrote:
> > unsubscribe
>

> No!
lol i shall take your advice :)

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Nah nah, I don't want you to unsubscribe, no matter how many mails you
send to this list before reading the howto at the site and discovering
how to do it right, I WON'T ALLOW IT!!!

On 8/2/05, fisch <fisch@conne-island.de> wrote:
> unsubscribe

Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Actually I think it's better to configure some script which will process
emails with 'unsubscribe' word in subject than tell again and again
people to RTFM about unsubscribe procedure or look at email headers:

--
WBR, Alex.
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 July 2007 01:42:29 pm Donald King wrote:
> unsubscribe

No!

--

From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
try
gentoo-performance+unsubscribe@lists.gentoo.org
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 20 January 2008 01:53:47 am Dino Sims wrote:
> unsubscribe

No!!!

--

From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Alex Howells wrote:
> I do have to wonder why all the ricers on -performance can't RTFM to
> the point they can even unsubscribe. Is this an accurate
> representation of all the users of this mailing list? :P

They can't read because they're going to _fast_!!!
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Alex Howells wrote:
2008/6/5 Ethan Boyle <ethanboyle@cableone.net>:
I tried to unsubscribe a couple of times but I still keep getting mail. How do I unsubscribe?
Thank you. I don't use Gentoo anymore and don't really care to search it's docs for how to do this. I hope you all are able to resolve this soon.

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
why are they even still unsubscribing? didnt those "mail-bombs" stop
coming? or is it just my spam filter filtering duplicate messages?

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
2008/6/5 Dusan Mulac <dmulac@gmail.com>:
> why are they even still unsubscribing? didnt those "mail-bombs" stop coming?
> or is it just my spam filter filtering duplicate messages?

I put a stop to them earlier after someone notified Infrastructure.
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 05 June 2008 06:25:18 pm Ethan Boyle wrote:
> Alex Howells wrote:
> 2008/6/5 Ethan Boyle <ethanboyle@cableone.net>:
>
> I tried to unsubscribe a couple of times but I still keep getting mail. How
> do I unsubscribe?

> Thank you. I don't use Gentoo anymore and don't really care to search it's
> docs for how to do this. I hope you all are able to resolve this soon.

Great attitude. I hope you... sell... I'll send some bad Karma your way...

--

From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Alex Howells wrote:
> I do have to wonder why all the ricers on -performance can't RTFM to
> the point they can even unsubscribe. Is this an accurate
> representation of all the users of this mailing list? :P

My suspicion would be that they're people who subscribed a long time ago
and completely forgot about this list. Performance is pretty much a
dead list, although I think its average monthly volume just went up a
bit. :)

I don't even have a filter for gentoo-performance, even though all my
other subscribed gentoo mailing lists go to this address. It simply
doesn't produce enough mail to make me want to make a filter instead of
just moving the messages manually.

PaulNM
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:45:35 +0200
Dirk Wende <dwende@versanet.de> wrote:

*sigh*

How many people have to try it before the last one _finally_ recognizes
that it doesn't work that way?

In other words: RTFM
http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Florian Philipp wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:45:35 +0200
> Dirk Wende <dwende@versanet.de> wrote:
>

> *sigh*
>
> How many people have to try it before the last one _finally_ recognizes
> that it doesn't work that way?
>
> In other words: RTFM
> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

To be fair to those unsubscribing, I'd like to mention that most of them
just opened their email and saw a couple hundred emails with a subject
of "[gentoo-performance] Illegal IMail List Server Command!". I doubt
they saw any of the unsubscribe attempts since most were replies and
would not be shown in most threaded email clients.

It is annoying, though.

Does anyone know what happened? I saw some theories, but no hard "This
happened..." posts.

PaulNM
RE: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
how do i unsubscribe from this?

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml"]http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml"]http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
eric@kelsoes.com wrote:
> how do i unsubscribe from this?

Is this a joke? The email you replied to tells you exactly how to do that.

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

Tenth line of text:
To unsubscribe from a list, send an empty email to:

PaulNM
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
2008/6/6 <eric@kelsoes.com>:
> how do i unsubscribe from this?

As Florian pointed out:

In other words: RTFM
http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

Alex
RE: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
pwned

RE: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
I can say that this little incident seems to have resurrected the list.
We should be really grateful for that, but maybe we should change the
list name to gentoo-unsubscribe :-)

2eric: Send something to
listname+unsubscribe@gentoo.org
or to
listname+help@gentoo.org
if you need more help.

Note: Replace 'listname' with the actual name of the list that you want
to subscribe to, e.g.: gentoo-user+subscribe@gentoo.org to subscribe to
the gentoo-user mailing list.

RE: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
So should I email unsubscribe+unsubscribe@lists.gentoo.org to stop these
unsubscribe emails from coming to my inbox? :)

What do people have their global USE variable these days for performance of
various types of servers?

I use ccache=2G for your run of the mill single amd64 with 2gigs of RAM. Any
recommendations to change?

Re: Unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
"Nicholas J. Michalek" <djphazer@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:09 PM, Jan H?bner <jan_huebner@gmx.net> wrote:
> > We could make a running gag from it.. :)
>
> OR, we could gag and run away from it...
>
> OR, we could gag you and make you take off running...

Hey, hey, hey... Take all that talk about gagging to gentoo-kink.

--
Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.