Mailing List Archive

mac intel - prefix staus
what is the prefix status for mac intel ?
Re: mac intel - prefix staus [ In reply to ]
On 06-07-2006 04:28:49 -0700, Roberto Griso wrote:
> what is the prefix status for mac intel ?

I'm affraid there is currently no status for Mac Intel. As far as I am
aware, there is noone working on it.

Thanks for the interest, feel free to try out and report experiences
back to us.

Fabian Groffen
Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
Re: mac intel - prefix staus [ In reply to ]
Roberto Griso <griso.roberto <at> gmail.com> writes:

> what is the prefix status for mac intel ?

Kito has provided a simple x86-macos profile which you can get from his gentoo
dev site.

Using this profile I have been able to succesfully bootstrap and compile a
prefixed gentoo base system with a couple tweaks to packages, cofigure options
and the like. There are curently no x86-macos keyworded packages and I'm
currently working on fixing a couple ebuilds that donot build correctly when
ppc-macos is not in the arch list.