Mailing List Archive

New Generic O32/N32 MIPS stages for Big-Endian systems
I've recently uploaded new stage builds for big-endian machines in the
following ABI/ISA combinations to the mirrors in the experimental/mips/stages
folders:

- MIPS-II for O32
- MIPS-III for N32
- MIPS-IV for N32
- R10000 build for N32
- R12000+ build for N32

These stages are based on a 20160506 Portage snapshot (yes, it took close to a
month to build everything), so fresh installs will likely have to wrestle with
the recent update to perl-5.24. All are built with gcc-5.3.0 against
glibc-2.23-r2.

Additional information is available in the README.2016 and README files.

I am also in the process of building MIPS-II stages for O32/uClibc as well,
which will likely be based on a 20160531 snapshot (assuming no bugs).

Note: These are the "old" ISAs, commonly used on SGI systems. Those running
the "MIPS32" (R2 through R6) ISA can use the MIPS-II/O32 stage3 as a base for
an install and rebuild to better match the target machine. Those on "MIPS64"
(R2 through R6) can use the MIPS-IV/N32 stage3 as a base for an install and
rebuild. Again, all are big-endian architecture, as I have no working
little-endian machines right now.

Work on an updated netboot image for the SGI machines is still pending due to
lack of time. I've got a basic script worked up that lets me manually copy
target binaries and dependent libs to a chroot folder, but I haven't made much
progress beyond that.

Any issues or bugs, please assign to mips@gentoo.org in our Bugzilla.

Happy compiling!,

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic
Re: New Generic O32/N32 MIPS stages for Big-Endian systems [ In reply to ]
On 5/31/16 7:10 PM, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> I've recently uploaded new stage builds for big-endian machines in the
> following ABI/ISA combinations to the mirrors in the experimental/mips/stages
> folders:
>
> - MIPS-II for O32
> - MIPS-III for N32
> - MIPS-IV for N32
> - R10000 build for N32
> - R12000+ build for N32
>
> These stages are based on a 20160506 Portage snapshot (yes, it took close to a
> month to build everything), so fresh installs will likely have to wrestle with
> the recent update to perl-5.24. All are built with gcc-5.3.0 against
> glibc-2.23-r2.
>
> Additional information is available in the README.2016 and README files.
>
> I am also in the process of building MIPS-II stages for O32/uClibc as well,
> which will likely be based on a 20160531 snapshot (assuming no bugs).
>
> Note: These are the "old" ISAs, commonly used on SGI systems. Those running
> the "MIPS32" (R2 through R6) ISA can use the MIPS-II/O32 stage3 as a base for
> an install and rebuild to better match the target machine. Those on "MIPS64"
> (R2 through R6) can use the MIPS-IV/N32 stage3 as a base for an install and
> rebuild. Again, all are big-endian architecture, as I have no working
> little-endian machines right now.
>
> Work on an updated netboot image for the SGI machines is still pending due to
> lack of time. I've got a basic script worked up that lets me manually copy
> target binaries and dependent libs to a chroot folder, but I haven't made much
> progress beyond that.
>
> Any issues or bugs, please assign to mips@gentoo.org in our Bugzilla.
>
> Happy compiling!,

thanks for keeping this alive!