Mailing List Archive

MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Nov 2014
Hello,

I've again uploaded another snapshot of a little-endian softfloat MIPS32 rootfs
I maintain for a few of my MIPS toys.

It's a complete gentoo installation, with toolchain and a few lightweight
desktop environments as well as some networking tools.

See the readme at [1] for more information. (In short: updated toolchain
to latest git heads, including llvm, and updated all packages to portage
snapshot from 2014-11-16).

Grab the tarball at [2], and if you're curious, file and individual
package listingsare at [3] and [4]. Binary packages are at [5], drop
them at the root of
the filesystem.

[1] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/README.txt
[2] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-141117.tar.xz
[3] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-141117.CONTENTS
[4] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-packages-141117.CONTENTS
[5] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-packages-141117.tar

Happy hacking,
Manuel Lauss
Re: MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Nov 2014 [ In reply to ]
Re: MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Nov 2014 [ In reply to ]

On 11/19/2014 06:00 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 07:41 AM, Manuel Lauss wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> I've again uploaded another snapshot of a little-endian
>> softfloat MIPS32 rootfs I maintain for a few of my MIPS toys.
>
>> It's a complete gentoo installation, with toolchain and a few
>> lightweight desktop environments as well as some networking
>> tools.
>
>> See the readme at [1] for more information. (In short: updated
>> toolchain to latest git heads, including llvm, and updated all
>> packages to portage snapshot from 2014-11-16).
>
>> Grab the tarball at [2], and if you're curious, file and
>> individual package listingsare at [3] and [4]. Binary packages
>> are at [5], drop them at the root of the filesystem.
>

>> [1] http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/README.txt [2]
>> http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-141117.tar.xz
>

> [3]
> http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-rootfs-141117.CONTENTS

[4]
>> http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-packages-141117.CONTENTS
>

> [5]
> http://mlau.at/files/mips32-linux/mips32elsf-gentoo-packages-141117.tar
>

>> Happy hacking, Manuel Lauss
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks I will take care of uploading it to the mirrors.

Hi,

I have uploaded the new files. Let me know if you want the old ones gone.

- --
Regards,
Markos Chandras
Re: MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Nov 2014 [ In reply to ]
Hi Markos,

Thanks a lot. You can remove the old ones, I usually keep them around
on my site for 2-3 years.

Manuel

Re: MIPS32 little-endian softfloat Gentoo rootfs update Nov 2014 [ In reply to ]
On 11/20/2014 07:40 PM, Manuel Lauss wrote:
> Hi Markos,
>
> Thanks a lot. You can remove the old ones, I usually keep them around
> on my site for 2-3 years.
>
> Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Ok I dropped the previous files. Thank you again for your contribution.

Markos Chandras