anyone object to me removing the old /desktop and /developer
subprofiles. They appear to be just stubs anyhow.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology
D'Youville College
Buffalo, NY 14201
(716) 829-8197
Re: Please test the new profiles [ In reply to ]
Re: Please test the new profiles [ In reply to ]
On 10/18/2014 07:44, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 01:11 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>
>> Can you please test the new profiles. I just pushed them. Also,
>> does anyone object to me removing the old /desktop and /developer
>> subprofiles. They appear to be just stubs anyhow.
>
> Fine by me.
>
> I will switch my installations to the new profiles asap.

Octane did not have a problem with the standard o32 profile (#1) the other day.
Good work!

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic
Re: Please test the new profiles [ In reply to ]
On 10/18/14 07:56, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> On 10/18/2014 07:44, Markos Chandras wrote:
>> On 10/11/2014 01:11 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>
>>> Can you please test the new profiles. I just pushed them. Also,
>>> does anyone object to me removing the old /desktop and /developer
>>> subprofiles. They appear to be just stubs anyhow.
>>
>> Fine by me.
>>
>> I will switch my installations to the new profiles asap.
>
> Octane did not have a problem with the standard o32 profile (#1) the other day.
> Good work!

Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, I'm wrong about /desktop being just a stub. leio points out they
do inherit from targets/desktop so we should keep those. But /developer
seems over the top. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible to
avoid errors. I'll wait a bit, play some more and then email you guys
about any pruning I might do.