http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/mips/yeeloong.xml

I successfully updated the portage tree.

Now I would like to get latex running.
but
emerge search tetex
find nothing.

any hint how to step further into this adventure?

Elmar
Re: gentoo and yeeloong mips and latex [ In reply to ]
On 17:54 Sun 25 Nov , elmar bucher wrote:
> dear Gentoo Mips list,
>
> I successfully installed gentoo on a yeeloong (with stage 4 tar ball and
> hardened flavour) as described here:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/mips/yeeloong.xml
>
> I successfully updated the portage tree.
>
> Now I would like to get latex running.
> but
> emerge search tetex
> find nothing.
>
> any hint how to step further into this adventure?

Try "emerge -pv texlive" . Don't know if there are mips keywords for all
dependencies, but probably there are.

If you're new to gentoo, you may want to read [1] and [2].

However, as gentoo-mips is a mailing list only for discussions regarding
gentoo's MIPS project, if you need user support, you can try
gentoo-user (which has more activity).

For mips related questions, of course you're welcome to post here.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-mips.xml
[2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-mips.xml?part=2&chap=1

--
Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
( Gentoo Lisp Project )
Re: gentoo and yeeloong mips and latex [ In reply to ]
Dear Christopoulos,

It was really a noob question ...
But now I'm back on track.
Thank you!