Mailing List Archive

how to access pdc menu? - [SOLVED]
First of all I must admit: I switched ISL/PDC (i don't know) into SECURITY MODE.
That switched off posibility to access PDC.
The only solution to switch SECURITY MODE OFF you have to remove every booting device from the machine. After that you can turn on the server and it will automaticly gets into PDC where you can do: co sec on (or something like that).

Re: how to access pdc menu? - [SOLVED] [ In reply to ]
Wow remove all the booting devices. That's painfull !

I always wondered what was the use of the security mode but I think I'll never try it :)

Btw, their may be another way do that. Did you had a look at the manual found on openpa.net or parisc-linux.org ?

Cheers,
Guy

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:07:08 +0100
maciej_golas <maciej_golas@o2.pl> wrote:

> First of all I must admit: I switched ISL/PDC (i don't know) into SECURITY MODE.
> That switched off posibility to access PDC.
> The only solution to switch SECURITY MODE OFF you have to remove every booting device from the machine. After that you can turn on the server and it will automaticly gets into PDC where you can do: co sec on (or something like that).

Guy Martin
Gentoo Linux - HPPA port Lead
Re: how to access pdc menu? - [SOLVED] [ In reply to ]
Yeah, painful... But...

What about turning on the "Service Boot" switch and then ressetting? (As
the message in the first E-Mail asked for.)
Regards... JM