Mailing List Archive

Fwd:
On 10/30/06, maciej_golas <maciej_golas@o2.pl> wrote:

> I have 2 K-Class HP servers (K360 and K380). On both machines I try to
> Install gentoo 2006.1. The booting process goes fine, but I cannot
> find/configure
> a network device.
> I tried to:
> # modoprobe tulip, e100, e1000 ... etc
> nothing, device eth0 isn't created.
> When i execute:
> #lspci
> nothing is shown as if there wasn't any pci device (maybe this is ok, I
> don't know).
>
> When I try to boot any of the machines from network by invoking:
> > bo lan.0
> I've got error no -7 (no device found or something like that).
> Bu I'm pretty sure I've NIC board installed in the machine, the board is
> described : A3495-60301 HP-PB 10/100Base-TX
>
> Could you help me to solv my problem?

First of all, the K-class machines don't have PCI. So lspci isn't ever
going
to show anything. What does dmesg show?

I know many HP-PB boards aren't supported; perhaps this is one of them.
Anyone else know for sure?

Still, you should have the onboard 10Mb/s ethernet port, which is enough
to get the install going. But you may need to read this first:
http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2006-October/030385.html
Note that the line-wrapping is slightly scrambled on the web page.

Andrew