Mailing List Archive

Patch to make openjdk compile without manual intervention on systems running pax/grsec kernels
Icedtea has effective treatment to compile on pax/grsec systems, but is
getting outdated.
Openjdk is moving ahead and despite current ebuilds label the compiled
binaries well for a pax/grsec systems, I still need to manually label
executables 4 times to make the packages compile.
Based on the suggestion from Brad Spengler @ grsec I've created patches
for current openjdk-11 and openjdk-17 ebuilds to let them compile. Please
find them attached. I haven't elaborated whether all the changes are
really necessary. I also realize, that it is possible to mass-modify the
files using sed from the ebuild, but I opted for the patch approach for a
less intrusive path - simply placing them in the appropriate patches
directory.

I thought these could be helpful for someone on the list.

BR: Dw.
--
dr Tóth Attila, Radiológus, 06-20-825-8057
Attila Toth MD, Radiologist, +36-20-825-8057