to merge glibc with this error "structure needs cleaning".I found some
instructions on how to fix it *here
<https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/4b47r2/has_anyone_ever_gotten_structure_needs_cleaning/>*.
However, when I got to the part where I needed to fsck I received an error
that the filesystem is mounted. Do I need to turn off the pi and place the
SD card on my laptop to fix?

Thanks
Herminio
Re: glibc fails in upgrade [ In reply to ]
On 1/10/17 4:49 PM, Herminio Hernandez, Jr. wrote:
> I just ran emerge -avuND @world my RPI3 and my build crashed when it tried
> to merge glibc with this error "structure needs cleaning".I found some
> instructions on how to fix it *here
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxquestions/comments/4b47r2/has_anyone_ever_gotten_structure_needs_cleaning/>*.
> However, when I got to the part where I needed to fsck I received an error
> that the filesystem is mounted. Do I need to turn off the pi and place the
> SD card on my laptop to fix?
>
> Thanks
> Herminio

1. The error has nothing to do with the glibc upgrade.

2. You can't run fsck on a mounted filesystem. You can force an fsck on
reboot with ` touch /forcefsck` but its probably safer to do it via your
laptop as you can control just how you run fsck.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
Re: glibc fails in upgrade [ In reply to ]
I kinda figured it had nothing to do with glibc. Thanks for the advice. I
will do it later and report.

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: glibc fails in upgrade [ In reply to ]
I took the SD card out of the PI and ran fsck from my laptop. This
fixed the partition.
Thanks for the advice!Herminio