I have been far from Gentoo since a while and I would like to restart
translation of the handbook.
I have already translated some bits but I have trouble with the title of
the pages.
For example, I translated this one:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/About/fr but I
cannot manage to translate its title.
Where should I go for this?
Re: Translation of the Handbook [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 09:16:37AM +0100, José Fournier wrote:
> I have been far from Gentoo since a while and I would like to restart
> translation of the handbook.
> I have already translated some bits but I have trouble with the title of
> the pages.
> For example, I translated this one:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/About/fr but I
> cannot manage to translate its title.
> Where should I go for this?

Hi José

You need to set the title through

{{#set:Has short Title=...|Has Title=...}}

and include {{Handbook:Templates/SetTitle}} in the page.

I've added information on this at the following:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Documentation/HandbookDevelopment#Titles

Hope it is of use for you.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
Re: Translation of the Handbook [ In reply to ]
Hi Sven,
Thank you for this information. At the moment I am too busy – as many
retired people are –, but as soon as I have time I will read your page.
If I don't understand I will come back to you.

With kind regards

José

Re: Translation of the Handbook [ In reply to ]
Le 21/01/2015 20:52, Sven Vermeulen a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 09:16:37AM +0100, José Fournier wrote:
>> I have been far from Gentoo since a while and I would like to restart
>> translation of the handbook.
>> I have already translated some bits but I have trouble with the title of
>> the pages.
>> For example, I translated this one:
>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/About/fr but I
>> cannot manage to translate its title.
>> Where should I go for this?
> Hi José
>
> You need to set the title through
>
> {{#set:Has short Title=...|Has Title=...}}
>
> and include {{Handbook:Templates/SetTitle}} in the page.
>
> I've added information on this at the following:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Documentation/HandbookDevelopment#Titles
>
> Hope it is of use for you.
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

Hi Sven,

I am reading your guide and I still have trouble doing what you suggest.
For example, reading:

"To set the title for a translated page, first*include the*
|{{Handbook:Templates/SetTitle}}| code*in the translated page* (but
inside |<noinclude>| tags so the full one-page pages do not inherit it. "

I am asking: « How to access the code of the translated page? As a
translator, I only access blocks for translation. I thought I could add
the suggested code at the beginning of the first translated block but
looking at the other languages, it doesn't seem they did that way.
Re: Translation of the Handbook [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 05:03:40PM +0100, José Fournier wrote:
> I am reading your guide and I still have trouble doing what you
> suggest. For example, reading:
> "To set the title for a translated page, first include the
> {{Handbook:Templates/SetTitle}} code in the translated page (but inside
> <noinclude> tags so the full one-page pages do not inherit it. "
> I am asking: « How to access the code of the translated page? As a
> translator, I only access blocks for translation. I thought I could add
> the suggested code at the beginning of the first translated block but
> looking at the other languages, it doesn't seem they did that way.

Indeed, the necessary includes are apparently already set on the master
pages. All you need to do is set the right variables, for instance right
before the navigator.

I've updated
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Documentation/HandbookDevelopment#Titles
accordingly.