English and German to Portuguese

*Interpreter*

English and Brazilian Portuguese
Re: Translating the Gentoo documentation to Brazilian Portuguese [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 04:38:00PM -0200, André Schwarz wrote:
> I'm a longtime Linux and Gentoo fan and would like to finally
> contribute to this project. I have seen the mailing list history and it
> seems that there is already some people working on the gentoo wiki.
> However, I would like to help by translating the handbook and other
> pertinent documents.
> I would like to know if I can contribute, as my finals are almost over
> and it would be an interesting way to spend my free time, acquire more
> experience and expand my translation portfolio.
> Yours truly,

Hi André

That's great. In the past we had two developers already working on the pt_br
translation: Enderson "enderson" Maia and Marcelo "vanquirius" Góes.

I can't say if they are still on or not (perl_ldap just waits instead of
returning me the needed information), but you can take a look at
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/pt_br/overview.xml to see who else is (or should
be) working on the pt_br translation.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
Re: Translating the Gentoo documentation to Brazilian Portuguese [ In reply to ]
Well, I tried sending an email to enderson@gentoo.org and
vanquirius@gentoo.org, but I got a reply from the mailer daemon that they
couldn't be delivered.

The message is as follows:

<vanquirius@gentoo.org>: maildir delivery failed: create maildir file
> /home/vanquirius/.maildir/tmp/1417342137.P14617.woodpecker: Permission
> denied
>
> Final-Recipient: rfc822; vanquirius@gentoo.org
> Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; maildir delivery failed: create maildir file
> /home/vanquirius/.maildir/tmp/1417342137.P14617.woodpecker: Permission
> denied

Yours,

*André Schwarz*

*Translator*

Re: Translating the Gentoo documentation to Brazilian Portuguese [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 08:43:06AM -0200, André Schwarz wrote:
> Well, I tried sending an email to [1]enderson@gentoo.org and
> [2]vanquirius@gentoo.org, but I got a reply from the mailer daemon that
> they couldn't be delivered.
> The message is as follows:

Bah. Ok, in that case you can take a look at the information provided at
https://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/translators-howto.xml. The document
isn't fully up-to-date anymore as all non-handbook translations are already
moved to the Gentoo Wiki (I'll try to update the document today and move it
to the wiki as well). However, for handbook translations, the document still
reflects reality. Some tips and tricks for GuideXML development can be found
at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Documentation/Tips_and_tricks.

If you are aware of pt_br translation files in the Gentoo bugzilla that you
want me to take care of, you can either add me to the Cc list in bugzilla or
ping me on IRC (I might be slow in answering in #gentoo-doc but I do read
it).

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen