Mailing List Archive

Packages up for grabs
I maintain a few packages where I either no longer have the hardware or
no longer have appropriate access to test the packages. Because of
this, I am looking to find a maintainer for the following packages.

These three go together, but I don't have the hardware to test them and
SeJo has gone MIA since I put these in the tree. ;]

sys-auth/tfm-fingerprint
sys-auth/pam_bioapi
sys-auth/bioapi

These two are both Cisco tools requiring Cisco hardware at least on one
end. I do have a PIX, but I do not have a CCO account, so getting
updated versions of the VPN client has been a pain for me for a while.
The Aironet Client Utilities are simple to maintain, as it is simply a
gtk+-1 application and hasn't had a new version in ages.

net-misc/cisco-aironet-client-utils
net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des

I had already asked for someone else to take these, but never got any
response.

net-misc/icaclient
net-misc/tsclient

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@gentoo.org>:

> I had already asked for someone else to take these, but never got any
> response.
> net-misc/icaclient

I'll take this.

V-Li

<URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> These three go together, but I don't have the hardware to test them and
> SeJo has gone MIA since I put these in the tree. ;]
>
> sys-auth/tfm-fingerprint
> sys-auth/pam_bioapi
> sys-auth/bioapi

i have a laptop with this cruft and i use it, so i'll take em
-mike
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> I maintain a few packages where I either no longer have the hardware or
> no longer have appropriate access to test the packages. Because of
> this, I am looking to find a maintainer for the following packages.

> These two are both Cisco tools requiring Cisco hardware at least on one
> end. I do have a PIX, but I do not have a CCO account, so getting
> updated versions of the VPN client has been a pain for me for a while.
> The Aironet Client Utilities are simple to maintain, as it is simply a
> gtk+-1 application and hasn't had a new version in ages.
>
> net-misc/cisco-aironet-client-utils
> net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des

I can take net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des, I have a CCO account, and I'm
currently using it.

Though there wasn't a new version out for a long time, so the current package
is still valid.

--
Eldad Zack <eldad@gentoo.org>
Key/Fingerprint at pgp.mit.edu, ID 0x96EA0A93
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 03:15:34 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des

While my current employer uses such a router, I find that the vpnc client
works "better" in that it does not force me to route all traffic through the
vpn, but allows me to make my own routes. Of course vpnc does not require
binary kernel modules either.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 09:41 +1000, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 03:15:34 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des
>
> While my current employer uses such a router, I find that the vpnc client
> works "better" in that it does not force me to route all traffic through the
> vpn, but allows me to make my own routes. Of course vpnc does not require
> binary kernel modules either.

I know about vpnc, but it doesn't support all of the features of the
Cisco official client. Also, the Cisco VPN Client does *not* use binary
kernel modules. The *client* is binary, the modules are source-based.
Also, there's a patch in Bugzilla to add local LAN access support to the
client, even if it is denied on the server side. I haven't decided if I
am going to add the patch or not, since it does allow the client to
perform actions that could violate a company's security policy. Of
course, if someone else were maintaining it, it would be their decision
to make.

Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 23:16 +0300, Eldad Zack wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > I maintain a few packages where I either no longer have the hardware or
> > no longer have appropriate access to test the packages. Because of
> > this, I am looking to find a maintainer for the following packages.
>
> > These two are both Cisco tools requiring Cisco hardware at least on one
> > end. I do have a PIX, but I do not have a CCO account, so getting
> > updated versions of the VPN client has been a pain for me for a while.
> > The Aironet Client Utilities are simple to maintain, as it is simply a
> > gtk+-1 application and hasn't had a new version in ages.
> >
> > net-misc/cisco-aironet-client-utils
> > net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des
>
> I can take net-misc/cisco-vpnclient-3des, I have a CCO account, and I'm
> currently using it.

Cool. I switched jobs (twice, actually) since I started maintaining
this and don't have a CCO account anymore.

> Though there wasn't a new version out for a long time, so the current package
> is still valid.

Yeah, there's no open bugs that need to be fixed. There's an
enhancement bug, but I'll leave that to you to decide.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
Games Developer/Foundation Trustee
Gentoo Foundation
Re: packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Le samedi 31 mai 2008 à 13:31 -0400, ben tucker a écrit :
> Hi Mike,
>
> I am a good candidate for taking over maintenance of these, as my day
> job is a security developer for the world's largest software delivery
> infrastructure company for remote applications :-).
>
> net-libs/libvncserver
> net-misc/vnc
>
> I wouldn't mind taking app-editors/hexcurse over as well.
>
> What is the procedure be for me to take over maintenance of these
> three packages?

Option 1: become a gentoo developer
Option 2: find a gentoo developer willing to be your proxy

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@gentoo.org>
Gentoo
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Santiago M. Mola <coldwind@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All my packages are up for grabs. Feel free to add yourself to
> metadata.xml and don't hesitate to ask me any doubts about them.

I hope this doesn't mean you are retiring.. =/

> app-shells/bash-completion

I already have a snapshot script for this and have been meaning to
bump our version. I'll just add myself to metadata now.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> x11-misc/dzen (low maintainance)
> x11-misc/lsw (maintainance close to zero)

Feel free to assign those two to desktop-misc.

--
Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On 11/02/09 18:51 +0000, Krzysiek Pawlik wrote:
> Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> > x11-misc/lsw (maintainance close to zero)

I can take it as I wrote the first version.

--
Cédric Krier
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:02:12 +0100
"Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@gentoo.org> wrote:

> media-sound/last-exit

*snatched*
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On K, 2009-02-11 at 19:02 +0100, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All my packages are up for grabs. Feel free to add yourself to
> metadata.xml and don't hesitate to ask me any doubts about them.

:(

> Telepathy stuff
> ---------------
> dev-util/telepathy-inspector (low maintainance)
> dev-python/pymsn
> net-im/empathy
> net-im/telepathy-mission-control
> net-irc/telepathy-idle
> net-voip/telepathy-butterfly
> net-voip/telepathy-haze
>
> Packages that I've been taking care of and could use a maintainer:
> net-libs/telepathy-glib (frequent bumps)
> net-voip/telepathy-gabble (frequent bumps)

GNOME team need all these working good so we could take those. I think
empathy is already co-maintained by us as an official GNOME module.
We wouldn't mind co-maintenance of the telepathy stuff with other teams
or people.

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:02:12 +0100
"Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@gentoo.org> wrote:

> net-p2p/nicotine+

I can take this one.

--
gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 07:02:12PM +0100, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> Hello,
> app-vim/exheres-syntax
I can take this one, I use it every day.

--
---------
Thomas Anderson
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Il giorno dom, 10/10/2010 alle 15.45 +0100, Markos Chandras ha scritto:

> app-backup/rsnapshot

I guess I can (co-)maintain this as I'm using it a few systems already.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
> sci-biology/biogrep

taken.

justin
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:

> media-gfx/viewnior

Mine.

Ricardo
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 03:45:50PM +0100, Markos Chandras wrote:

> app-admin/makepasswd

I'll take this one.

Tom
Re: Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:13:20 +0200
Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Il giorno dom, 10/10/2010 alle 15.45 +0100, Markos Chandras ha
> scritto:

That message failed to reach me and it isn't on archives.g.o either,
neither in gentoo-dev nor gentoo-dev-announce.

jer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Jeroen Roovers posted on Tue, 12 Oct 2010 02:52:23 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:13:20 +0200
> Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Il giorno dom, 10/10/2010 alle 15.45 +0100, Markos Chandras ha scritto:
>
> That message failed to reach me and it isn't on archives.g.o either,
> neither in gentoo-dev nor gentoo-dev-announce.

It's on gmane as

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/68325>

"""""

The following packages list me as maintainer. I am gonna remove myself
from them soonish ( 15-20 days ) so feel free to grab them if you want to

app-admin/makepasswd
app-backup/rsnapshot
app-crypt/bsign
dev-util/dissy
media-gfx/viewnior
media-libs/liblqr
sci-biology/biogrep
net-misc/pmsvn
x11-misc/dragbox
sys-apps/pyrenamer
media-gfx/arss

All of them *should* work just fine but I am not quite aware
about the status of upstream development.

I plan to remove myself from many more packages which I co-maintain with
several herds such as qt,kde,desktop-misc and
graphics. Hopefully they will be able to maintain them without me
supervise them.

"""""

These have now been taken (reordered alpha by category):

app-admin/makepasswd tomk
app-backup/rsnapshot flameeyes
media-gfx/viewnior ricmm
sci-biology/biogrep jlec

Leaving:

app-crypt/bsign
dev-util/dissy
media-gfx/arss
media-libs/liblqr
net-misc/pmsvn
sys-apps/pyrenamer
x11-misc/dragbox

Re: Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
2010/10/12 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@cox.net>:
> Jeroen Roovers posted on Tue, 12 Oct 2010 02:52:23 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 18:13:20 +0200
>> Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Il giorno dom, 10/10/2010 alle 15.45 +0100, Markos Chandras ha scritto:
>>
>> That message failed to reach me and it isn't on archives.g.o either,
>> neither in gentoo-dev nor gentoo-dev-announce.
>
> It's on gmane as
>
> <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/68325>
>
> """""
>
> The following packages list me as maintainer. I am gonna remove myself
> from them soonish ( 15-20 days ) so feel free to grab them if you want to
>
> app-admin/makepasswd
> app-backup/rsnapshot
> app-crypt/bsign
> dev-util/dissy
> media-gfx/viewnior
> media-libs/liblqr
> sci-biology/biogrep
> net-misc/pmsvn
> x11-misc/dragbox
> sys-apps/pyrenamer
> media-gfx/arss
>
> All of them *should* work just fine but I am not quite aware
> about the status of upstream development.
>
> I plan to remove myself from many more packages which I co-maintain with
> several herds such as qt,kde,desktop-misc and
> graphics. Hopefully they will be able to maintain them without me
> supervise them.
>
> """""
>
> These have now been taken (reordered alpha by category):
>
> app-admin/makepasswd            tomk
> app-backup/rsnapshot            flameeyes
> media-gfx/viewnior              ricmm
> sci-biology/biogrep             jlec
>
> Leaving:
>
> app-crypt/bsign

dev-util/dissy

I'll take this one.

Cheers,
Tomas
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@gentoo.org>:

> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 13:17, Christian Faulhammer <fauli@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > dev-lang/erlang
> >  Very little bug inflow, responsive upstream (subscribe to their
> > -patches and -bugs mailing lists), great support from users.
> > lang-misc is still there as herd maintainer, but hardly alive.  One
> > bug open (compile failure in ~arch, upstream informed, package hard
> > masked), which I would like to close on my own.
>
> I don't really know much about it, but I need this for dev-db/couchdb,
> so if no one else wants it, I'll take it.

I passed it on to you as the bug seems to be fixed by a PLD Linux
patch. I forwarded it upstream, so the next release should contain a
fix.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:18:52 +0000
Christoph Mende <angelos@gentoo.org> wrote:

> sys-apps/pv

Taken.

jer
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 17:18:52 +0000
Christoph Mende <angelos@gentoo.org> wrote:

> app-editors/hexedit

I will care for it.