Mailing List Archive

Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more
Packages up for grabs:
acct-group/crontab
acct-group/gkrellmd
acct-group/icecast
acct-group/lightdm
acct-group/msmtpd
acct-group/murmur
acct-group/nsd
acct-group/pdnsd
acct-group/roccat
acct-group/uptimed
acct-group/vboxguest
acct-group/vboxsf
acct-group/vboxusers
acct-user/gkrellmd
acct-user/icecast
acct-user/lightdm
acct-user/murmur
acct-user/nsd
acct-user/pdnsd
acct-user/uptimed
acct-user/vboxguest
app-admin/gkrellm
app-admin/keepassxc
app-admin/whowatch
app-arch/pbzip2
app-crypt/gpa
app-editors/nano
app-editors/notepadqq
app-emulation/virtualbox
app-emulation/virtualbox-additions
app-emulation/virtualbox-extpack-oracle
app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions
app-emulation/virtualbox-modules
app-misc/uptimed
app-shells/rush
app-shells/zsh
app-text/convmv
app-text/ding
dev-libs/apr
dev-libs/apr-util
dev-libs/libassuan
dev-libs/libbytesize
dev-libs/libgaminggear
dev-libs/libgnt
dev-libs/libgpg-error
dev-libs/libksba
dev-libs/libp11
dev-libs/libxmlb
dev-libs/volume_key
dev-python/pocketlint
dev-util/geany
dev-util/kbuild
games-emulation/mgba
games-engines/devilutionx
mail-client/claws-mail
mail-client/clawsker
mail-mta/msmtp
media-libs/libxmp
media-libs/sdl_audiolib
media-plugins/hdx-realtime-media-engine
media-sound/bluez-alsa
media-sound/mumble
media-sound/murmur
media-sound/pamix
media-sound/umurmur
media-video/simplescreenrecorder
net-dns/nsd
net-dns/pdnsd
net-ftp/lftp
net-ftp/pure-ftpd
net-im/pidgin
net-irc/hexchat
net-libs/gsoap
net-libs/libetpan
net-libs/libpsl
net-libs/nghttp2
net-mail/ytnef
net-misc/htpdate
net-misc/icaclient
net-misc/icecast
net-misc/putty
net-misc/wget2
sys-apps/fwupd
sys-apps/fwupd-efi
sys-apps/gptfdisk
sys-apps/lm-sensors
sys-apps/netplug
sys-apps/roccat-tools
sys-auth/pam_p11
sys-fs/android-file-transfer-linux
sys-fs/ddrescue
sys-fs/inotify-tools
sys-fs/jfsutils
sys-libs/libblockdev
sys-libs/libsmbios
sys-libs/liburing
sys-process/cronie
sys-process/htop
sys-process/schedtool
www-apache/mod_gnutls
x11-apps/radeon-profile
x11-apps/radeon-profile-daemon
x11-drivers/xf86-video-vboxvideo
x11-misc/lightdm
x11-misc/lightdm-gtk-greeter
x11-plugins/pidgin-otr
x11-themes/claws-mail-themes
x11-themes/icewm-extra-themes
x11-wm/icewm

pkgcheck reports tons of python compat updates (even for 3.10), stable
requests, old EAPIs and all kinds of small issues. There's a lot of
cleaning up to do in general.

Overall nearly 400 bugs has been reassigned. The biggest bug swarms were
- virtualbox stack,
- mumble/murmur stack,
- lightdm stack,
- fwupd,
- claws-mail,
- pidgin.

for anyone interested in these packages.

In addition some value packages, like media-libs/freetype and
media-libs/harfbuzz, could use an update to their maintainer status.

-- juippis
Re: Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more [ In reply to ]
On 29/06/2022 09.15, Joonas Niilola wrote:
> Packages up for grabs:
> …
> sys-libs/liburing

I'd take this one. Co-maintainers welcome :)

- Flow

I'll add this to base-system@ (it's the default provider of virtual/editor, so...) but a co-maintainer is welcome!

> app-crypt/gpa
> dev-libs/libassuan
> dev-libs/libgpg-error
> dev-libs/libksba

base-system@ will take these because they're part of the gnupg stack.

Someone particularly keen on helping with gnupg is free to speak to us about helping with the lot too (including ones not listed here).

> dev-libs/libxmlb
> dev-libs/libjcat
> sys-apps/fwupd
> sys-apps/fwupd-efi
> sys-libs/libblockdev
> sys-libs/libsmbios

This is the fwupd stack.

I'm tempted for these but I only have one machine which uses them.

I'll see if anyone else is a better set of hands first.

> sys-process/cronie
> sys-process/htop

I'll add to base-system@ but please join if you want!

Best,
sam
Re: Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more [ In reply to ]
> On 29 Jun 2022, at 08:24, Sam James <sam@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> dev-libs/libxmlb
>> dev-libs/libjcat
>> sys-apps/fwupd
>> sys-apps/fwupd-efi
>> sys-libs/libblockdev
>> sys-libs/libsmbios
>
> This is the fwupd stack.
>
> I'm tempted for these but I only have one machine which uses them.
>
> I'll see if anyone else is a better set of hands first.

Sorry, I'd assumed libjcat was here as it's AFAIK only useful really for fwupd, but it wasn't in the original list.

But may still be relevant if interested in fwupd. Would need to speak to Marecki if you are interested though.

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 10:15:03AM +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:
> Packages up for grabs:
<snip>

games@ will take it, other interested maintainers are welcome too when
it comes to games@

games@ here too, never used but looks cool and active

> sys-fs/inotify-tools
will take it myself, use it a fair deal

> sys-libs/liburing
guess I'll take this too, don't use that much but don't want it m-n

--
ionen
On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 03:51:34AM -0400, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 10:15:03AM +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:
> > Packages up for grabs:
> <snip>
>
> > games-emulation/mgba
> games@ will take it, other interested maintainers are welcome too when
> it comes to games@
>
> > games-engines/devilutionx
> games@ here too, never used but looks cool and active
>
> > sys-fs/inotify-tools
> will take it myself, use it a fair deal
>
> > sys-libs/liburing
> guess I'll take this too, don't use that much but don't want it m-n

Ah missed flow took it already, as long as there's someone to handle it
:+1:

--
ionen
On 2022-06-29 08:15, Joonas Niilola wrote:

> acct-group/lightdm
> acct-user/lightdm
> app-admin/keepassxc
> mail-mta/msmtp
> sys-apps/gptfdisk
> sys-apps/lm-sensors
> sys-fs/ddrescue
> x11-misc/lightdm
> x11-misc/lightdm-gtk-greeter

I'll take these.

--
Marecki
On 2022-06-29 08:35, Sam James wrote:

>>> dev-libs/libxmlb
>>> dev-libs/libjcat
>>> sys-apps/fwupd
>>> sys-apps/fwupd-efi
>>> sys-libs/libblockdev
>>> sys-libs/libsmbios
>>
>> This is the fwupd stack.
>>
>> I'm tempted for these but I only have one machine which uses them.
>>
>> I'll see if anyone else is a better set of hands first.
>
> Sorry, I'd assumed libjcat was here as it's AFAIK only useful really for fwupd, but it wasn't in the original list.
>
> But may still be relevant if interested in fwupd. Would need to speak to Marecki if you are interested though.

A second pair of hands on the whole lot (I have always co-maintained
dev-libs/libjcat with poly-c, and had already added myself to
sys-apps/fwupd before the for-grabs call went out due to having observed
my ticket for it having been dropped to m-n; will add myself to the rest
shortly) will definitely be welcome! They have, sadly, been a bit
neglected of late.

--
Marecki
Re: Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more [ In reply to ]
Hi!

> Joonas Niilola <juippis@gentoo.org> hat am 29.06.2022 09:15 CEST geschrieben:
> Packages up for grabs:
> acct-group/murmur
> acct-user/murmur
> app-arch/pbzip2
> media-sound/mumble
> media-sound/murmur

If no one wants, I could take it, as I am using it. But help would be appreciated.

> acct-group/uptimed
> acct-user/uptimed
> app-misc/uptimed
> net-ftp/lftp
> net-ftp/pure-ftpd

I would like to take both packages. Latest bump for pure-ftpd was already done by me.

Conrad
On 22/06/29 01:03PM, Conrad Kostecki wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Joonas Niilola <juippis@gentoo.org> hat am 29.06.2022 09:15 CEST geschrieben:
> > Packages up for grabs:
> > acct-group/murmur
> > acct-user/murmur
> > app-arch/pbzip2
> > media-sound/mumble
> > media-sound/murmur
>
> If no one wants, I could take it, as I am using it. But help would be appreciated.

I'd like to take these as I use them regularly:

acct-group/murmur
acct-user/murmur
media-sound/mumble
media-sound/murmur

Any help would be appreciated as well.
Am Mittwoch, dem 29.06.2022 um 10:15 +0300 schrieb Joonas Niilola:
> Packages up for grabs:
> [...]
> net-irc/hexchat

I'll take this one.

Best regards
nex
Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2022-06-29 at 10:15 +0300, Joonas Niilola wrote:

> dev-libs/apr
> dev-libs/apr-util

These can be maintained as part of the Apache project.

Hans
Re: Packages up for grabs: x11-misc/lightdm, sys-apps/fwupd, net-im/pidgin, media-sound/mumble, app-emulation/virtualbox, app-editors/nano, app-shells/zsh and more [ In reply to ]
I can help with packages I use (resources and time permitting), but
co-maintainers are more than welcome!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2022 10:15:03 +0300
Joonas Niilola <juippis@gentoo.org> wrote:
> app-text/convmv
Should be low maintenance

> mail-client/claws-mail
> mail-client/clawsker
My main mail client and a related configuration program

> net-libs/libetpan
A dependency for claws-mail

> net-libs/nghttp2
HTTP/2 support is nice

> net-mail/ytnef
Another one claws-mail depends on

> net-misc/wget2
Usage depending if muscle memory makes me forget the "2" or not

> x11-themes/claws-mail-themes
Not updated for a while but they still work fine

--
Bernard Cafarelli (Voyageur)
Gentoo developer