- /usr/lib/portage/pythonX.Y/install-qa-check.d (installed via portage)

Many of them do not begin as "Qa Notice" so it is very hard track them without
naked eye especially via tinderbox.

There is a bug where I reported part of:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/728046

are there any contrary opinions in adding "Qa Notice" at the begin of each
check?

Agostino
Re: eqawarn and Qa Notice [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2021-06-28 at 09:46 +0200, Agostino Sarubbo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> atm we have qa checks in:
> - ${PORTDIR}/metadata/install-qa-check.d
> - /usr/lib/portage/pythonX.Y/install-qa-check.d (installed via portage)
>
> Many of them do not begin as "Qa Notice" so it is very hard track them without
> naked eye especially via tinderbox.
>
> There is a bug where I reported part of:
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/728046
>
> are there any contrary opinions in adding "Qa Notice" at the begin of each
> check?

I suppose that makes sense, and we should probably also check eqawarns
used in eclasses for that.

That said, it might be more consistent to change Portage behavior to use
some visible distinction between output types (not just color), e.g.
have it output:

* [QA] ...
* [WA] ...
* [ER] ...

--
Best regards,
Micha? Górny
Re: eqawarn and Qa Notice [ In reply to ]
On lunedì 28 giugno 2021 11:28:23 CEST Micha? Górny wrote:
> That said, it might be more consistent to change Portage behavior to use
> some visible distinction between output types (not just color), e.g.
> have it output:
>
> * [QA] ...
> * [WA] ...
> * [ER] ...

+1

Agostino
Re: eqawarn and Qa Notice [ In reply to ]

> That said, it might be more consistent to change Portage behavior to use
> some visible distinction between output types (not just color), e.g.
> have it output:

+1

Not sure if it's any standard that should be followed, but the X server
uses WW for warning and EE for error messages.

Ulrich