Mailing List Archive

Packages up for grabs
Hey all,

here's a small list of packages dropped to maintainer-needed. Some are
from retired proxied maintainers, and some are from me, ie packages I
don't use anymore and see no reason to hoard ownership.

(b) = open bugs,
(v) = new version is available.

app-backup/rsnapshot (b,v)

app-misc/cargo-license

dev-python/sphinxcontrib-documentedlist (b)

gnome-extra/gnome-commander (b,v)

media-libs/imlib2

media-plugins/imlib2_loaders

sys-fs/compsize (b,v)

sys-fs/cryfs (b)

I also welcome co-maintainers to dev-libs/check or media-libs/rlottie,
if anyone's interested.

-- juippis
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
I have transitioned to "away" state as I have to reclaim my time for other
uses. Here I am trying to reduce the scope of my Gentoo responsibilities to
make potential return to activity less dreadful and overwhelming.

Call for successors
===================

The following are the packages I do not currently use myself so have the least
motivation about. Dropping me from maintainers list is encouraged.

WIFI access point service:

* net-wireless/hostapd
(Co-maintained by zerochaos, still additional attention is encouraged.)

Python API for AWS:

* dev-python/s3transfer
* dev-python/boto3
* dev-python/botocore
* dev-python/guzzle_sphinx_theme

TUI XMPP clients:

* net-im/mcabber
* net-im/poezio
* net-im/profanity
* net-libs/loudmouth
* dev-libs/libstrophe
* dev-python/slixmpp

Somewhat obscure build system:

* dev-util/tup

V4L:

* media-libs/libv4l
* media-tv/v4l-utils

Call for co-maintainers or successors
=====================================

For these I have some minor use. You can expect me to have some interest revived.
Still, taking responsibility for them in my absence is highly appreciated.

GUI XMPP client:

* net-im/dino
* net-libs/libsignal-protocol-c

XMPP server software:

* net-im/spectrum2
* net-im/swift

Raspberry Pi packages:

* media-libs/raspberrypi-userland-bin
* sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
* sys-kernel/raspberrypi-image
* sys-kernel/raspberrypi-sources

CardDAV CLI tool:

* app-misc/khard
* dev-python/ruamel-std-pathlib
* dev-python/ruamel-yaml-clib
* dev-python/ruamel-yaml
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
> On 26 May 2020, at 23:12, Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> I have transitioned to "away" state as I have to reclaim my time for other
> uses. Here I am trying to reduce the scope of my Gentoo responsibilities to
> make potential return to activity less dreadful and overwhelming.

Nothing wrong with reprioritising. Better to do that, rather than burn out.

> WIFI access point service:
>
> * net-wireless/hostapd
> (Co-maintained by zerochaos, still additional attention is encouraged.)
>

> Raspberry Pi packages:
>
> * media-libs/raspberrypi-userland-bin
> * sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
> * sys-kernel/raspberrypi-image
> * sys-kernel/raspberrypi-sources

I am quite happy to help with these, as I’m an active user of most of them.

Best,
Sam
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 May 2020 23:12:06 +0100
Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I have transitioned to "away" state as I have to reclaim my time for
> other uses. Here I am trying to reduce the scope of my Gentoo
> responsibilities to make potential return to activity less dreadful
> and overwhelming.
>
> Call for successors
> ===================
>
> The following are the packages I do not currently use myself so have
> the least motivation about. Dropping me from maintainers list is
> encouraged.
>
> WIFI access point service:
>
> * net-wireless/hostapd
> (Co-maintained by zerochaos, still additional attention is
> encouraged.)
>
> Python API for AWS:
>
> * dev-python/s3transfer

> * dev-python/boto3
> * dev-python/botocore

I can take boto3, botocore since they are needed for buildbot
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hey,

> I have transitioned to "away" state as I have to reclaim my time for other
> uses. Here I am trying to reduce the scope of my Gentoo responsibilities to
> make potential return to activity less dreadful and overwhelming.

> Call for co-maintainers or successors
> =====================================
>
> For these I have some minor use. You can expect me to have some interest revived.
> Still, taking responsibility for them in my absence is highly appreciated.
>
> * dev-python/ruamel-std-pathlib
> * dev-python/ruamel-yaml-clib
> * dev-python/ruamel-yaml

I'm happy to take dev-python/ruamel-yaml and dev-python/ruamel-yaml-clib either
as a solo or as a comaintainer. I'll put up a PR later adding myself to the
metadata as a proxy maintainer. Feel free to keep or remove yourself
after that.

Cheers,
Zoltan
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tue 26 May 2020 23:12:06 GMT, Andrey Utkin wrote:
> WIFI access point service:
>
> * net-wireless/hostapd
> (Co-maintained by zerochaos, still additional attention is encouraged.)

I can take it.

Alarig
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I can add my already bumped app-misc/khard and start to co-maintain it via
p.m. project.

Am Mittwoch, den 27.05.2020 um 06:00:18 Uhr +0200 schrieb Zoltan Puskas <zoltan@sinustrom.info>:
> [...]
> I'm happy to take dev-python/ruamel-yaml and dev-python/ruamel-yaml-clib either
> as a solo or as a comaintainer. I'll put up a PR later adding myself to the
> metadata as a proxy maintainer. Feel free to keep or remove yourself
> after that.

Zoltan, I prepared a branch with khard plus metadata.xml and would like to ask
you to merge it into your PR as you took deps of khard:

https://github.com/holgersson32644/gentoo/tree/bump-khard

regards,
Nils
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On 27/05/2020 01.31, Brian Dolbec wrote:
> * dev-python/boto3
> * dev-python/botocore

Do you mind if I join you on those? I use them a lot, and I planned to
comaintain awscli since Patrick is the only one current maintainer of
those, boto3 is vital part of it too.

-- Piotr.
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 May 2020 17:39:21 +0200
Piotr Karbowski <slashbeast@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 27/05/2020 01.31, Brian Dolbec wrote:
> > * dev-python/boto3
> > * dev-python/botocore
>
> Do you mind if I join you on those? I use them a lot, and I planned to
> comaintain awscli since Patrick is the only one current maintainer of
> those, boto3 is vital part of it too.
>
> -- Piotr.

Yes, by all means join in :)
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 May 2020 16:31:36 -0700
Brian Dolbec <dolsen@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2020 23:12:06 +0100
> Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > I have transitioned to "away" state as I have to reclaim my time for
> > other uses. Here I am trying to reduce the scope of my Gentoo
> > responsibilities to make potential return to activity less dreadful
> > and overwhelming.
> >
> > Call for successors
> > ===================
> >
> > The following are the packages I do not currently use myself so have
> > the least motivation about. Dropping me from maintainers list is
> > encouraged.
> >
> > WIFI access point service:
> >
> > * net-wireless/hostapd
> > (Co-maintained by zerochaos, still additional attention is
> > encouraged.)
> >
> > Python API for AWS:
> >
> > * dev-python/s3transfer

I will take this as it is somewhere in the dep tree for app-admin/salt
> > * dev-python/boto3
> > * dev-python/botocore
>
> I can take boto3, botocore since they are needed for buildbot

I can co-maintain these since they are needed for app-admin/salt.
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
After looking over packages I maintain for packages that I no longer
need or use:

app-admin/qpage
app-text/tesseract
mail-filter/spamassassin-botnet
net-print/pkpgcounter
x11-plugins/pidgin-bot-sentry
Re: Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 26 May 2020 23:12:06 +0100
Andrey Utkin <andrey_utkin@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Call for successors
> ===================
>
> The following are the packages I do not currently use myself so have the least
> motivation about. Dropping me from maintainers list is encouraged.
>
> V4L:
>
> * media-libs/libv4l
> * media-tv/v4l-utils

I'll somewhat reluctantly take these as no one else has. They're
loosely related to tvheadend, which I also maintain.

--
James Le Cuirot (chewi)
Gentoo Linux Developer
Packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I'm stopping proxy maintenance of net-misc/youtube-viewer, as I
stopped using it due to YouTube's new requirement of having a
private developer's key for it to function.

Shared developer key is not a possibility (i.e. setting up a Gentoo key
for such packages) as YouTube rate limits the number of requests per
developer product key, and also considers them ToS violation, which potentially
leads to disabling them pretty fast. See more details on:
https://github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer/issues/308

I'm putting up a PR and dropping it to maintainer needed. If no one
wants to pick up the package maybe we should also consider last riting it
after some months, since YouTube API moves fast and old versions tend to
not function after some time.

Cheers,
Zoltan