From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Duncan
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:15 PM
To: gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: remove

Eric Clapprood posted
<6BD989BB73712F41B1EDD1B8A32EA4C30105076F@EXCHANGEVS1.comtechtel.com>,
excerpted below, on Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:53:25 -0400:

> xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

Wow! Perfect demonstration of the technical literacy both of those that
post "remove" instructions to mailing lists, and of those that post
using
not only HTML, but some MS mangled version of same!

A hint, Eric, if you are reading this. Look in the mail headers for
unsubscribe instructions, or go to the same site you used to subscribe,
and read them there.

If you don't know how to read mail headers, and don't remember which
site
you used to subscribe, well... click on the "lists" link at gentoo.org,
taking you to the lists page, with... surprise! instructions for
subscribing and unsubscribing from the lists! Amazing how you find the
unsubscribe instructions for a Gentoo list, under the lists link on the
Gentoo site, isn't it? It's not as if you go to an MS Office site, or
one
for the Interior ministry of China, or something, to find instructions
for
unsubscribing from a Gentoo list.

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in