Mailing List Archive

Re: GLX error
Hello Lars,

This can be found in 'Character Devices -> Direct Rendering Manager
(XFree86 DRI support)'.

Regards,
Dexter

Re: GLX error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:31:50 -0400, Chris I wrote:
> You need to disable the dri support in the kernel (in 2.4 kernels,
> this code is for xfree 4.2), and emerge xfree-drm. You, unfortunately,
> will need to remerge this package for all new kernels.

With 2.6 kernels you don't need xfree-drm, but can use the dri stuff in
the kernel, right?

Re: GLX error [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 14:10 +0200, Alexander Futasz wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:31:50 -0400, Chris I wrote:
> > You need to disable the dri support in the kernel (in 2.4 kernels,
> > this code is for xfree 4.2), and emerge xfree-drm. You, unfortunately,
> > will need to remerge this package for all new kernels.
>
> With 2.6 kernels you don't need xfree-drm, but can use the dri stuff in
> the kernel, right?

The kernel DRM should work, but I still recommend x11-drm. Versions
2004* and greater should work with 2.6.