tel.: +39(02)574303355
e-mail: davide.cittaro@ifom-ieo-campus.it
*/
RE: java on alpha? [ In reply to ]
Hi,
Java have not been released under GPL yet - SUN just promissed to release it
in March 2007. Some parts of the code are licensed under proprietary 3rd
party licenses and cannot be released under GPL therefore. We can expect
that some development will be needed in order to have functional Java
release under GPL.
Now we can only hope!
SB

_____