time when restarting. I'm not familiar with the operation of the
hardware clock on my platform - Rawhide(1000,4300,530x).

What app is responsible for setting the time?
Re: hardware clock [ In reply to ]
On Monday 02 January 2006 21:01, Jeff Sacksteder wrote:
> Apparently, my hardware clock does not get synced to my system software
> time when restarting. I'm not familiar with the operation of the
> hardware clock on my platform - Rawhide(1000,4300,530x).
>
> What app is responsible for setting the time?

On my system (164LX) I believe that basic clock manipulation is done via
hwclock. I have ntp installed and it keeps my clock set perfectly.
Re: hardware clock [ In reply to ]
check /etc/conf.d/clock

You will need to enable synching of the hw clock to the system time on
shutdown/startup.

# /etc/conf.d/clock

# Set CLOCK to "UTC" if your system clock is set to UTC (also known as
# Greenwich Mean Time). If your clock is set to the local time, then
# set CLOCK to "local".

CLOCK="local"

# If you wish to pass any other arguments to hwclock during bootup,
# you may do so here.

CLOCK_OPTS=""

# If you want to set the Hardware Clock to the current System Time
# during shutdown, then say "yes" here.

CLOCK_SYSTOHC="yes"

### ALPHA SPECIFIC OPTIONS ###

# If your alpha uses the SRM console, set this to "yes".
SRM="yes"

# If your alpha uses the ARC console, set this to "yes".
ARC="no"
~