Von: "Brian C. Parkhurst"<brianp@spamcop.net>
Gesendet: 20.09.05 20:09:45
An: "gentoo-alpha@lists.gentoo.org"<gentoo-alpha@lists.gentoo.org>
Betreff: [gentoo-alpha]

I wanted to give bugzilla a chance on my alpha-AS800 but can't seem to get my
unmask flags right.

# emerge -puvD bugzilla

Calculating dependencies
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "bugzilla" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- www-apps/bugzilla-2.20_rc2 (masked by: missing keyword)
- www-apps/bugzilla-2.18.3 (masked by: missing keyword)
- www-apps/bugzilla-2.20_rc1 (masked by: missing keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
section 2.2 "Software Availability" in the Gentoo Handbook.

# cat package.unmask
>=www-apps/bugzilla-2*

# cat package.keywords
>=www-apps/bugzilla-2* ~alpha

Any thoughts?

Brian

brianp@spamcop.net

--
Brian Parkhurst

RE: [ In reply to ]
Thanks, that’s the trick I was looking for.
I knew bugzilla wasn't keyworded for Alpha, and wanted to test it anyway.
The Gentoo handbook isn't very clear on this subject. It seemed to imply that I
only needed the package.unmask and package.keywords files set.

Brian..

Re: [ In reply to ]

Nils o. Janus wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Check in the .ebuild files of bugzilla, wether the keyword ~alpha is entered there. If not, then inserting ~alpha into packages.keywords isnt sufficient.

True.
> Either pass the complete path of the ebuild to emerge like 'emerge www-apps/bugzilla/bugzilla-version-xxx.ebuild', or edit the .ebuild file manually, insert the keyword alpha, run 'ebuild www-apps/bugzilla/bugzilla-version-xxx.ebuild digest' and emerge as usual.
Emerging packages by path is depreciated, do not do this. Editing the
.ebuild in overlay would work, but is not necessary. Instead in
/etc/portage/package.keywords add =CAT/PKG-VER ~* ~alpha
That should keyword it properly. If it doesn't respond and I'll look
into why it isn't working. It should though because I did it earlier
today on ppc ;)