I noticed the size of the ISO file on Alpha isn't as
big as x86. What was left off?

Jeff D

Re: 2005.0 on Alpha [ In reply to ]
Jeff Donsbach wrote:[Tue Mar 29 2005, 02:47:33PM EST]
> Congrats to all who worked to get 2005.0 out the door!

Most of the credit belongs to kloeri, who has been heading up
Gentoo/Alpha development for some time now.

> So, what state is it believed that 2005.0 is in on
> Alpha? Should we give it a go? What are the major
> known issues?

Only big issue from my perspective is that it doesn't boot on some
machines where 1.4 worked fine. For example DS20e. The problem
appears to be that the Generic Alpha target for the kernel broke at
some point. So I continue to boot from a 1.4 CD then install using
2005.0 stages.

Regards,
Aron

--