Mailing List Archive

Capstone disassembly framework 2.1 released!
Greetings,

We are excited to announce Capstone 2.1!

The source code & all the software packages are available at
http://capstone-engine.org.

Capstone users are strongly recommended to upgrade to this version, which
brings many important changes:

- Update all 5 arches with new instructions & bug fixes: Arm, Arm64, Mips,
PPC & X86.

- Library size is around 40% smaller, but framework is faster. Especially,
X86-only binary is about 3 times smaller than in version 2.0: it is only
780 KB now.

- Support "diet" compilation option to minimize the framework, making
Capstone more suitable for embedding into OS kernel or firmware. Example:
X86-only engine is only 480 KB now.

- Consume less memory: around 40% less than version 2.0.

- Python binding offers some new lighter APIs that can improve performance
up to 30%.

- Fixed some memory leaking issues of Java & Cython bindings.

- Lots of minor bugfixes.

- API version bumped to 2.1.

IMPORTANT:

1. We make some minor changes to API. See
http://capstone-engine.org/version_2.1_API.html for how to adapt your
existing code to this version.

2. Make sure to (re)install the Python/Java bindings coming with this
version, as the old bindings from 2.0 are *incompatible* with the new core.
Same applies for C#, Go, Ruby & Vala bindings provided by community.

Thanks,
Quynh