Mailing List Archive

CSRF in WordPress plugin Google Analytics MU 2.3
Details
================
Software: Google Analytics MU
Version: 2.3
Homepage: http://wordpress.org/plugins/google-analytics-mu/
CVSS: 5.8 (Medium; AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:N)

Description
================
CSRF in Google Analytics MU 2.3

Vulnerability
================
If an admin visits a page of the attacker’s choosing then the plugin’s
settings can be altered. This could cause a mild disruption by breaking
analytics until the problem is noticed, or if the attacker substitutes
an analytics code they own they could gain access to the analytics data
until the organisation notices the problem.
There should be a nonce check around line 71 of google-analytics-mu.php
and a nonce around line 86.

Proof of concept
================
A simple form which changes the analytics code to “abc”:
<form method="POST"
action="http://localhost/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=google-analytics-mu-network">
<input type="text" name="UAIDsuper" value="abc">
<input type="submit">
</form>

Mitigations
================