Mailing List Archive

Helping Spread the Word about Apachecon EU 2016
Hi Everyone

I'm forwarding the following message on behalf of Rich Bowen and the Apachecon team

=======
As you are aware, we are holding ApacheCon in Seville in November. While this seems like a long way away, it is critical that we get on people's calendar now, so that they can plan, get budget approval, and spread the word to their contacts.

Here's how you can help.

If you Tweet, please consider using some of the following sample tweets to get the word out:

  * Save the date. #ApacheCon is coming to Seville, November 14-18 2016.
    http://apachecon.com/

  * Come join me at @ApacheCon in Seville in November. http://apachecon.com/

  * #ApacheBigData is the best place to learn what's next in the world
    of big data. November 14-16 in Seville http://apachecon.com/

  * @TheASF is 300 projects strong and growing. Come learn about all of
    them at @ApacheCon in Seville - http://apachecon.com/

Please follow @ApacheCon and @TheASF, and retweet mentions of ApacheCon, to spread the word.

If you use other social media platforms, share the URLs of the events and their CFPs, to collect the broadest possible audience for our events, as well as getting the best content:

* Big Data:*_
Website: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe
CFP:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/program/cfp

*_ApacheCon:_*
Website: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe
CFP: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/cfp

And, finally, if your employer benefits from the work that we do at Apache, or is looking for the brightest software developers in the industry, encourage them to sponsor the event. Sponsorship is available at all levels. Have them contact evp@apache.org for a prospectus, and I'll make the right introductions.

Sponsors in the past include ... well, everyone. You have to go pretty deep into the Forbes Technology list ( http://fortune.com/2015/06/13/fortune-500-tech/ ) to find a company that
hasn't sponsored ApacheCon.

I hope to see you in Seville!

======