Mailing List Archive

History - packaging, and the 0.9 release
I did some archeology detective work to find how we ended up with three separate release packages.

Aside: Way too much time wandering around broken email archives, grrr.
With some of the links, i at least used the Apache URL Shortener to go via the
Gmane message-id service. I found that some links to there do still work.
However, if they have gone then we should be able to get the message-id from
the Shortener (i thought that it was by appending "?action=display", but no)
and then use some other email archive to lookup with the message-id.
Surely lists.apache.org can do that but i cannot find how.

So on our download page we link to two separate packages:

apache-forrest-0.9-sources.tar.gz
apache-forrest-0.9-dependencies.tar.gz

Yet the $FORREST_HOME/main/build.xml only generates apache-forrest-0.9.tar.gz

Our "How_to_release" doc does not mention the separate "*-sources" and "*.dependencies" packages.

Looking behind the scenes at:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/forrest/
Shows that the "*-sources" and "*.dependencies" packages are dated 2012-11-21
and the other one is dated earlier at 2011-02-01.

The date 2011-02-01 is our original 0.9 release date.

The source of our download mirrors page was edited around 2012-04-20
to link to those separate packages.

Going back to the mail archives around March April 2012 shows that we needed
to re-release 0.9: