Mailing List Archive

Stacking or renaming headers
By "Stacking", I mean the common pattern where

Foo: the-ur-foo

is rewritten into

Foo: the-no-longer-ur-foo

I am not thinking of a header with addresses here, so Exim's rewrite
mechanism doesn't apply. Is there a "best" or "accepted" way to do
this? In particular, can I do this in an ACL:

add_header = X-Original-Foo: $h_foo:
set acl_m_original_foo = $h_foo:
remove_header = Foo
add_header = Foo: the-no-longer-$acl_m_original_foo

(I am not sure if the last add_header trum^H^H^H^Hoverrides the
preceding remove_header.)

And if not in ACL, can I do something similar in a router or transport?

--
Ian

Re: Stacking or renaming headers [ In reply to ]
On 19/03/2023 17:42, Ian Z via Exim-users wrote:
> Foo: the-no-longer-ur-foo
>
> I am not thinking of a header with addresses here, so Exim's rewrite
> mechanism doesn't apply. Is there a "best" or "accepted" way to do
> this? In particular, can I do this in an ACL:
>
> add_header = X-Original-Foo: $h_foo:
> set acl_m_original_foo = $h_foo:
> remove_header = Foo
> add_header = Foo: the-no-longer-$acl_m_original_foo

Yes. And you don't need the temporary variable.

> (I am not sure if the last add_header trum^H^H^H^Hoverrides the
> preceding remove_header.)

No.

> And if not in ACL, can I do something similar in a router or transport?

Yes, both.
Jeremy