better way to strip the incoming message of A-R headers that claim to
be from our own admd?

[1] https://github.com/Exim/exim/blob/b07d141af23f2ab160eba2b58a834baee513b3f8/doc/doc-txt/experimental-spec.txt#L515

Re: strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be from our own <admd-identifier> [ In reply to ]
On 13/03/2023 15:59, Jim Lamers via Exim-users wrote:
> This solution does not seem to work in all situations,

Can you characterize the nonworking ones?

> headers_add Authentication-Results TEST

Did you miss a colon there?
Jeremy

strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be from our own <admd-identifier> [ In reply to ]
Hello list,

I am sorry for creating a new thread, but i had the settings for the
mailinglist misconfigured and was unable to react to the thread.

I am trying to implement ARC in our Exim setup. While reading
experimental-spec.txt[1] I noticed the following: "Note that it would
be wise to strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be
from our own <admd-identifier>." I have some difficulty with realizing
this. I tried a few things and the closest I got to something working
is:

TEST = ${filter{$lheader_Authentication-Results:}{!match{$item}{^our-admd-identifier;}}}

headers_remove = Authentication-Results
headers_add = "Authentication-Results: TEST"

Removing and re-adding the Authentication Result headers does work,
but using headers_add = "Authtentication-Results: TEST" results in all
remaining mail headers to be added at one spot in the email headers. I
was wondering if there are better ways to remove incoming A-R headers

--
Kind Regards,
Jim

Re: strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be from our own <admd-identifier> [ In reply to ]
On 16/03/2023 14:53, Jim Lamers via Exim-users wrote:
> was wondering if there are better ways to remove incoming A-R headers
> that claim to be from our own admd?

Nope. I raised a wishlist item for it.
Jeremy

Re: strip incoming messages of A-R headers that claim to be from our own <admd-identifier> [ In reply to ]
On 16/03/2023 14:53, Jim Lamers via Exim-users wrote:
> headers_remove = Authentication-Results
> headers_add = "Authentication-Results: TEST"

You might prefer to only do the (remove, add-stripped) sequence
when there is an offending AR header present.
Jeremy