/etc/email-addresses has the proper frontier email address in it.
From web search I created /etc/exim4/conf.d/rewrite/10_from_rewrite containing this line:
* "$header_from:" F
This supposedly tells exim4 to set the Envelope header the same as the From header.
I think Sent = Envelope headers, admittedly not sure about that.

If there is anyone on the list who has exim4 talking to Frontier.com please help.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: exim4 vs. Frontier.com [ In reply to ]
On 2022-11-11, Mike via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> I've struggled off and on for months to get outbound mail via exim4 through frontier.com with no joy.
> I'm on a single user system using mutt and exim4 plus fetchmail. Inbound is no problem.
> Outbound I see this in /var/log/exim4/mainlog:
> 554 5.7.1 <>: Sender address rejected: Access denied
> /etc/email-addresses has the proper frontier email address in it.
> From web search I created /etc/exim4/conf.d/rewrite/10_from_rewrite containing this line:
> * "$header_from:" F
> This supposedly tells exim4 to set the Envelope header the same as the From header.
> I think Sent = Envelope headers, admittedly not sure about that.

> If there is anyone on the list who has exim4 talking to Frontier.com please help.

https://frontier.com/helpcenter/categories/internet/email/troubleshooting-email/get-started/mail-server-settings

It looks like you confugure your smarthost as smtp.frontier.com and tell it
to use your fronteir account username and password.

/etc/exim4/conf.d/ suggests a debian (or at least .deb) distro.
That uses a file called /etc/exim4/passwd.client to configure
your smarthost username and password

Put an email in ther queue with the network diconnected, list it using

sudo mailq

and then reconnect the network and run a foreground delivery with

sudo runq -v

check that authentication succeeds.

--
Jasen.