--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library
755 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
317-274-0749
www.ulib.iupui.edu
Re: Authenticated relay using OAUTH2? [ In reply to ]
On 26/07/2022 19:30, Mark H. Wood via Exim-users wrote:
> I need to relay to an Exchange server that's about to be configured to
> require "modern authentication," that is, OAUTH2. Is there some way
> to configure Exim to authenticate *as a client* using OAUTH2?
>
> I built an OAUTH2 plugin for Cyrus SASL and tried it, but it appears
> that Exim's Cyrus SASL driver doesn't have a client side at all?

https://connect2id.com/learn/oauth-2
says
"OpenID Connect is a concrete protocol for authenticating users,
devised on top of the OAuth 2.0 framework.
As such OpenID Connect is also often called a profile of OAuth 2.0."

https://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/manual/gsasl.html#OPENID20
might be of interest, if your Exchange supports that profile.
Jeremy