Mailing List Archive

Fail to connect and fail to arrive
Hi, folks,

So we've got this condition in our exim.conf

# Deny unencrypted traffic on port 587

deny message = Encrypted connection required - contact IT
Services for assistance

!encrypted = *

condition = ${if ={$interface_port}{587}}

which does what it's supposed to do, except today when it doesn't.

I'm trying to configure scan-to-email and, with SSL disabled, the
connection fails as per above; with it enabled, there is no log entry and
presumably no connection.

What the heck?

Thanks,

John A

--
John Adams
Senior Linux/Middleware Administrator | Information Technology Services

Reminder: IT Services will never ask for your password over the phone or
in an email. Always be suspicious of requests for personal information that
come via email, even from known contacts. For more information or to
report suspicious email, visit IT Security
<http://ualr.edu/itservices/security/>.
Re: Fail to connect and fail to arrive [ In reply to ]
On 30/11/2021 22:02, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:
> deny message = Encrypted connection required - contact IT
> Services for assistance
>
> !encrypted = *
>
> condition = ${if ={$interface_port}{587}}

In what ACL?

> I'm trying to configure scan-to-email

which is what? Operating how? Do you have debug output from Exim?
Jeremy

Re: Fail to connect and fail to arrive [ In reply to ]
I discovered my problem, namely, that I wasn't reading the logs carefully
enough. My connections were getting through. Once I knew that, my problem
melted away.