filter can view it ?

--
Jim Pazarena exim@paz.bz

Re: base64 messages [ In reply to ]
On 25/11/2021 15:47, Jim Pazarena via Exim-users wrote:
> when the entire content of a spam email message is in base64 , is there a variable available that has that content in decoded text so that a filter can view it ?

Messages can be big. Exim does not directly give access to the body *in full*
because of that.

See the documentation on $message_body and the ${base64d: } operator;
they may provide suifficent for your needs. If not, you'll be peeking
into the spool-file, which isn't really something I recommend.
Jeremy

Re: base64 messages [ In reply to ]
On 2021-11-25, Jim Pazarena via Exim-users <exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
> when the entire content of a spam email message is in base64 , is there
> a variable available that has that content in decoded text so that a
> filter can view it ?

In the MIME ACL you can access the decoded parts of the
message using readfile

decode=default
set acl_m_this_part_content=${readfile{$mime_decoded_filename}}

https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html#SECTscanmimepart

MIME ACL is somewhat a maze of twisty passages all alike due to the
recursive nature of MIME. be prepared for your code to execute
multiple times: once on each part of each message.

I'm using the MIME ACL to process MDRs and log them in a postgresql
database.

--
Jasen.