interested in the fact that sender_host_name is not changed after the first
lookup.

Exim version: 4.95-RC2 debian but custom compiled and using custom exim.conf

Re: smtp_accept_max_per_host and sender_host_name [ In reply to ]
On 19/11/2021 01:27, Wakko Warner via Exim-users wrote:
> When I try to use $sender_host_name, the first lookup works. All subsequent
> lookups return the the same as the first one. I'm guessing the name isn't
> cleared in the main process.
>
> Would this be a correct assumption?

Yup. This looks like a bug, introduced by a mismerge over four
years ago. Nobody noticed, in all that time....

Since you're compiling your own, just add the obvious line.
Jeremy

Re: smtp_accept_max_per_host and sender_host_name [ In reply to ]
Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:
> On 19/11/2021 01:27, Wakko Warner via Exim-users wrote:
> > When I try to use $sender_host_name, the first lookup works. All subsequent
> > lookups return the the same as the first one. I'm guessing the name isn't
> > cleared in the main process.
> >
> > Would this be a correct assumption?
>
> Yup. This looks like a bug, introduced by a mismerge over four
> years ago. Nobody noticed, in all that time....
>
> Since you're compiling your own, just add the obvious line.

I guess noone needs that functionality or they patched it themselves.
I thought that it being used in the main process would have an effect on the
subprocess, but it doesn't appear to.

Next time I decide to compile exim, I'll add it. I'm ok not using
sender_host_name for now.

Thanks for confirming.

--
Microsoft has beaten Volkswagen's world record. Volkswagen only created 22
million bugs.