thing I could not get working so far and this led to mails being in
limbo on my secondary mx. I would need to delete a certain header once
from those mails because now it is twice in the mails. When it is only
once in there my primary mail-servers should be able to accept those
mails again.
Is there any way to remove a header from those mails in limbo?

Best,

Niels

Re: Removing header from mail in spool? [ In reply to ]
How is it twice in the index? Twice for same recipient? Two different
message IDs?

If it's just duplicate IDs, you can delete the extra one with exim -Mrm
<message id>. If it's one header but recipient is listed twice, then
you'd need to edit the -H file to delete the duplicate recipient. Then,
to be safe, delete the .db files and restart exim so that it rebuilds
them. If it's a different problem that one of those, then explain
exactly what you mean by the header being in the system twice.

--
Dan Egli
From my Test Server

Re: Removing header from mail in spool? [ In reply to ]
No, not a recipient. A header added via message (or add_header) in an acl.
I don’t see that header in the -H file but when I print the message with -Mvc

Best

Niels

Re: Removing header from mail in spool? [ In reply to ]
Some headers may be in the -D file. The H file mostly contains headers
that local exim understands. If they are not in the H file, they are
either in the D file or are getting added by some rule in your exim.conf
or a file included by it. So check the -D, and if it's not there then
search your configs.

If that's not working, can you post the output of the -Mvc?

--
Dan Egli
From my Test Server

Re: Removing header from mail in spool? [ In reply to ]
Ok, it seems they are in the -H-file. I thought I looked there already.
I found now a way to deliver those mails. Thanks a lot.

Best

Niels