minute / hour to a particular domain ?

Thanks,

Benoît
Re: Limit sending mail by destination domain to avoid being blacklisted [ In reply to ]
On 15/10/2020 16:44, Benoît PELISSIER via Exim-users wrote:
> I would like to know if it is possible to put a limit of emails sent per
> minute / hour to a particular domain ?

Yes; investigate the "ratelimit" ACL condition.
Jeremy

Re: Limit sending mail by destination domain to avoid being blacklisted [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users wrote:

> On 15/10/2020 16:44, Benoît PELISSIER via Exim-users
> wrote:
>> I would like to know if it is possible to put a limit
>> of emails sent per minute / hour to a particular domain
>> ?
>
> Yes; investigate the "ratelimit" ACL condition.

ACL ratelimiting works well for incoming mail,
but for outgoing email you need other strategies
to stop a queue runner from flushing out too many
queued messages in one go.

There are several suggestipns out on the internet,
but I have never needed to try them as I have always
sent via a smart-host.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk
Re: Limit sending mail by destination domain to avoid being blacklisted [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I tried acl condition but work's only for incoming mail.

Someone to help for outgoing mail ?

Thanks,

Benoît

Re: Limit sending mail by destination domain to avoid being blacklisted [ In reply to ]
On 11/05/2021 13:27, Benoît PELISSIER via Exim-users wrote:
> I tried acl condition but work's only for incoming mail.
>
> Someone to help for outgoing mail ?

Do you mean in/out to/from Exim?
Or in/out to/from the system?
Jeremy

Re: Limit sending mail by destination domain to avoid being blacklisted [ In reply to ]
On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 3:40 PM Benoît PELISSIER via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried acl condition but work's only for incoming mail.
>
> Someone to help for outgoing mail ?

And this solution here - Re: [exim] Rate limit Outgoing mail based on
recipient domain
<https://lists.exim.org/lurker/message/20110101.121829.1bf2b6bb.en.html> -
did not help you, or it did not address the kind of need that you have?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,