me a starting point.

--
Ian

Re: msg:fail:internal [ In reply to ]
On 29/09/2020 16:44, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> Where can I find a list of possible $event_data values for this event?
>
> I realize that the list may not be fixed or guaranteed stable. Just give
> me a starting point.

There's no formal list. It's a string intended to give a hint to a
human; it's the same sort of thing that pops up in the logfiles.

Tracing the code for all possible writes into an addr->message field
would be needed to answer your question (plus one hardcoded
"message removed by %s", username
)
Jeremy

Re: msg:fail:internal [ In reply to ]
On 2020-09-30 09:23, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> > Where can I find a list of possible $event_data values for this
> > event?
> >
> > I realize that the list may not be fixed or guaranteed stable. Just
> > give me a starting point.
>
> There's no formal list. It's a string intended to give a hint to a
> human; it's the same sort of thing that pops up in the logfiles.
>
> Tracing the code for all possible writes into an addr->message field
> would be needed to answer your question (plus one hardcoded
> "message removed by %s", username
> )

What I want to do is to track a particular error (AUTH used when not
advertised), in a cleaner way than scanning the log. My impression was
this was just the kind of thing events were meant for. Was I wrong?

--
Ian

Re: msg:fail:internal [ In reply to ]
On 30/09/2020 15:57, Ian Zimmerman via Exim-users wrote:
> What I want to do is to track a particular error (AUTH used when not
> advertised), in a cleaner way than scanning the log. My impression was
> this was just the kind of thing events were meant for. Was I wrong?

Yes and no. Event call-points get get added when someone finds a
use for one. Your point of interest doesn't have one yet -
and it probably would go in the msg: group either, being independent
of a specific message; more associated with the SMTP connection.

Yes in that it lets you write code to do something special when one
of them fires.
Jeremy