Mailing List Archive

Add disclaimer message to all incoming emails
Hi,

I have cPanel with Exim 4.93-5 on CentOS 7

I want to implement a solution where all incoming emails from remote
domains will have a disclaimer message appended to the body of the email.

I was able to find a solution for outgoing emails to have this but not the
other way around. Below is the solution for outgoing emails:
ROUTERS CONFIGURATIO
disclaimer:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = disclaimer_smtp

TRANSPORTS CONFIGURATION
disclaimer_smtp:
driver = smtp
transport_filter = /usr/local/bin/altermime --input=-
--disclaimer=/usr/local/etc/exim/textdisclaimer
--disclaimer-html=/usr/local/etc/exim/htmldisclaimer
size_addition = 1

Can anyone suggest a solution where the disclaimer message is added to the
incoming emails instead?

Please help.
Thanks in advance
Re: Add disclaimer message to all incoming emails [ In reply to ]
On 27/07/2020 20:08, George via Exim-users wrote:
> I was able to find a solution for outgoing emails to have this but not the
> other way around.

Think carefully on the distinction between incoming/outgoing
as applied to the system, versus as applied to exim.

Messages come in to exim (from SMTP or from a commandline,
mostly). They go out, sent by an exim transport, to...
either SMTP (usually, the outside world) or to files
or local mail-store facilities.
Jeremy

Re: Add disclaimer message to all incoming emails [ In reply to ]
Hello, George,

Did you find a solution for that?

Thank you,

Jean

Re: Add disclaimer message to all incoming emails [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 8:41 PM e-Org. Jean via Exim-users <
exim-users@exim.org> wrote:

> Hello, George,
>
> Did you find a solution for that?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Jean
>
> On 2020-07-27 19:08, George wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have cPanel with Exim 4.93-5 on CentOS 7
> >
> > I want to implement a solution where all incoming emails from remote
> > domains will have a disclaimer message appended to the body of the email.
> >
> > I was able to find a solution for outgoing emails to have this but not
> the
> > other way around. Below is the solution for outgoing emails:
> > ROUTERS CONFIGURATIO
> > disclaimer:
> > driver

Why would you want to modify incoming mail? That sort of interference is
not welcome.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Re: Add disclaimer message to all incoming emails [ In reply to ]
[ Reformatted to top-posting for consistency. ]

I guess he wants to make it obvious that it is an *external* message,
thus "not as trustworthy" and to remind people not to put trade secrets in
any reply..

On Mon, 1 Nov 2021, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:

> Why would you want to modify incoming mail? That sort of interference is
> not welcome.
>
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2021 at 8:41 PM e-Org. Jean via Exim-users <
> exim-users@exim.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello, George,
>>
>> Did you find a solution for that?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Jean
>>
>> On 2020-07-27 19:08, George wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have cPanel with Exim 4.93-5 on CentOS 7
>>>
>>> I want to implement a solution where all incoming emails from remote
>>> domains will have a disclaimer message appended to the body of the email.
>>>
>>> I was able to find a solution for outgoing emails to have this but not
>> the
>>> other way around. Below is the solution for outgoing emails:
>>> ROUTERS CONFIGURATIO
>>> disclaimer:
>>> driver
--