remote destination.

Thanks
Deepak Sharma
Re: Time to force delay between message [ In reply to ]
On 22/07/2020 04:28, deepaksharma559--- via Exim-users wrote:
> Is it possible to force a time delay. For example my email account user @
> domain.com is sending 3-4 emails to the same receipient in 1 second. Is
> there a setting in exim to insert a delay by ex: 10 seconds.

No, there is not.

Have a hunt in the wiki; there's a page on outbound
rate-limiting.
Jeremy

Re: Time to force delay between message [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 08:58:49AM +0530, deepaksharma559--- via Exim-users wrote:
> Is it possible to force a time delay. For example my email account user @
> domain.com is sending 3-4 emails to the same receipient in 1 second. Is
> there a setting in exim to insert a delay by ex: 10 seconds.

AFAIK exim has no built-in tools for that, but you can use some external
serializer in transport for outgoing mails:

transport_filter = /path/to/delay-script $sender_address $pipe_addresses

This script should check some time stamp from previous ivocation
(in database or in file, etc) and sleep necessary time before return.
With proper locks and (if need ) granularity on sender/recipients.

Note that such delay causes an exim instance to wait, consuming memory,
so it opens additional vector for DoS attack.

> Actually I want to insert a delay between each message that goes out any
> remote destination.

Apply common timer for all sender/recipients.
--
Eugene Berdnikov