Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 17:14:55 +0100
From: "V. T. Mueller, Continum" <v.t.mueller@continum.net>
To: Philip Hazel <ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: exim "world"

Dear Mr. Hazel,

In a current project for a customer we were given the task to wrap a decent SMTP
daemon in a somewhat foolproof and eye-appealing web frontend. During a 20
minute websearch we had to realize that information regarding code that has been
built "around" exim is rather challenging to find.

From memory, I know there was/is more than one "project" for integrating exim
with SQL back- and PHP frontends. I also remember that Ollie Cook used to write
some kind of real time monitor for exim - probably there are many more who spent
time and effort to make a good software even better from a users or admins point
of view by making contributions to the "exim ecosystem".

My question now is: couldn't something similar to rrd-world be set up on the
exim website?

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/index.html

I mean, as our world is becoming more and more "networked" - which is by large
shares the result of academic influence - it would seem consequent for exim to
demonstrate it's openness and flexibility to be set up together with other
software.

This is just my personal view, but I felt like exim is - from that specific
point of view - somewhat "mis-represented" at least on the official website and
wanted to share this thoughts.

:-)

Kind regards,

vt

--
Volker T. Mueller
Continum AG
Re: exim "world" (fwd) [ In reply to ]
Further on this topic: Looks like we have a volunteer to maintain a
page. How should it be linked? Any views, Nigel?

Philip

--
Philip Hazel University of Cambridge Computing Service,
ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk Cambridge, England. Phone: +44 1223 334714.