functions, which appears to be relatively simple to do...

The discussion I had today with David Woodhouse is at
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/NigelMetheringham/DynamicallyLoadedLookups

Please have a look and comment on this...

Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]
[. - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]
Re: Dynamically loaded lookups [ In reply to ]
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Theres been some discussion regarding dynamic loading of lookup
> functions, which appears to be relatively simple to do...
>
> The discussion I had today with David Woodhouse is at
> http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/NigelMetheringham/DynamicallyLoadedLookups
>
> Please have a look and comment on this...

Some time ago I maintained a patch for dynamicly loading the
lookup-libraries. It's a bit crude, as it was made to fit the
requirements of one linux distribution.

http://perlgolf.de/exim-4.33-dynamic-load.patch

It only supports dlopen, there are at least two other systems for
dynamic loading, shload and .... something else I don't remember right
now. :)

Nico