Mailing List Archive

Ethereal 0.9.16 source and installers now available
Ethereal 0.9.16 has been released.

This release fixes potential security issues with the GTP, ISAKMP,
MEGACO, and SOCKS dissectors. See

http://www.ethereal.com/appnotes/enpa-sa-00011.html

for more details.

New and updated features

Ethereal has leapt forward into the 90's and added a toolbar.

Ethereal and Tethereal can now force the data link type of captured
frames.

RTP analysis has been enhanced.

Individual frames can now be marked as time references

Service response time and general I/O statistics have been enhanced. I/O
statistics can now calculate client load (experimental).

New protocol support

ACN, ALCAP, ANSI MAP, ASN.1 BER, BSSAP, DCE/RPC DRSUAPI, DCE/RPC
INITSHUTDOWN, DCE/RPC RS_BIND, FC-SP, FICON, GSM BSSMAP, GSM DTAP, GSM
SMS TPDU, GSM SMS, GSM SS, H.450, IOS 4.0.1 IS-637-A (SMS), IS-683-A
(OTA), T.38, TCAP, TPCP

Updated protocol support

AODV, ASN.1 PER, BSSGP, CDP, Cisco HDLC, COPS, DCE/RPC BROWSER, DCE/RPC
DNSSERVER, DCE/RPC EPM, DCE/RPC LSA, DCE/RPC Messenger, DCE/RPC REG,
DCE/RPC SVCCTL, DCE/RPC, DFS, DHCPv6, DOCSIS, EAPOL, ENIP, Frame Relay,
FTP, GPRS, Gryphon, GTP, H.225, H.245, HTTP, ICMP, IEEE 802.11, IPX,
ISAKMP, ISUP, LAPB, Laplink, LWAPP, MAPI, MDSHDR, MEGACO, MPLS, NCP,
NDPS, NETLOGON, NFS, NTLMSSP, OSPF, OXID, PPP, Q.931, Q.933, RANAP, RIP,
RTP, SAMR, SCCP, SCSI, SCTP, SDP, SIP, SMB, SMPP, SNMP, SOCKS, SONMP,
SPOOLSS SRVLOC, SRVSVC, T.35, TACACS+, TAPI, TCP, TZSP, WKSSVC, WSP,
X.25, Yahoo! Messenger

Updated capture file support

Linux Bluez Bluetooth hcidump support has been added.

Endace ERF and Network Instruments Observer, and NetXRay support has
been enhanced.