And when I try to put ?auto-promote yes;? in the proper section of global_common.conf, I get the following error when try to restart the drbd service:

?drbd.d/global_common.conf:47: Parse error: ?an option keyword? expected, but got ?auto-promote?

Is this due to my ?cat /proc/drbd? showing 8.4.11 and ?auto-promote? being a feature of version 9?

How do I fix this?

Manuel Deschambault

manuel@sbktelecom.com
(514) 667-0691 x 2148

[signature_3882896921]
Re: Issue with DRDB on debian 11 [ In reply to ]
I installed DRBD on Debian 11 with ?sudo apt install drbd-utils? and can properly start the service.

?drbdadm show-gi ?version? gives me:

DRBDADM_VERSION=9.15.0

But ?cat /proc/drbd? give me:

Version 8.4.11

And when I try to put ?auto-promote yes;? in the proper section of global_common.conf, I get the following error when try to restart the drbd service:

?drbd.d/global_common.conf:47: Parse error: ?an option keyword? expected, but got ?auto-promote?

Is this due to my ?cat /proc/drbd? showing 8.4.11 and ?auto-promote? being a feature of version 9?

How do I fix this?

You will need the drbd-dkms package to update the kernel module version. drbdadm -V should then report a version 9.x.x for DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION, e.g.

$ drbdadm -V
DRBDADM_BUILDTAG=GIT-hash:\ e267c4413f7cb3d8ec5e793c3fa7f518e95f23b1\ build\ by\ buildd@lcy02-amd64-101\,\ 2023-03-14\ 09:57:26
DRBDADM_API_VERSION=2
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION_CODE=0x09010c
DRBD_KERNEL_VERSION=9.1.12
DRBDADM_VERSION_CODE=0x091701
DRBDADM_VERSION=9.23.1

James
Re: Issue with DRDB on debian 11 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 27, 2023 at 05:08:46PM +0000, Manuel Deschambault wrote:
> I installed DRBD on Debian 11 with ’sudo apt install drbd-utils’ and
> can properly start the service.
>
> ‘drbdadm show-gi —version’ gives me:
>
> DRBDADM_VERSION=9.15.0
>
> But ‘cat /proc/drbd’ give me:
>
> Version 8.4.11
>
> And when I try to put ‘auto-promote yes;’ in the proper section of
> global_common.conf, I get the following error when try to restart the
> drbd service:
>
> ‘drbd.d/global_common.conf:47: Parse error: ‘an option keyword’
> expected, but got ‘auto-promote’
>
> Is this due to my ‘cat /proc/drbd’ showing 8.4.11 and ‘auto-promote’
> being a feature of version 9?

yes.

> How do I fix this?

you install an out of tree DRBD9 module (compile it yourself, become one
of our customers having access to our repos,...) or you stick with in
tree 8.4.11 and don't use DRBD9 features such as more than 2 nodes or
auto-promote.

Regards, rck