Mailing List Archive

drbd-9.1.14-rc.1 and drbd-9.2.3-rc.1
Hello DRBD-user,

Today I am announcing the release candidate 1 of the next releases of
drbd-9.1 and drbd-9.2. In this eight-week development cycle, we fixed
interesting issues in different places.

An area of attention was the "resync-after" functionality. This
feature allows you to serialize resyncs of resources. That is
interesting when you have many resources needing to resync when a node
returns online.

As usual, we added several new tests to our test-suite: behavior and
endurance tests.

This is a release candidate. Please help test it. If you are not able
to find regressions, this might become the final release a week from
now.

9.1.14-rc.1 (api:genl2/proto:110-121/transport:17)
--------
* fix a race with concurrent promotion and demotion, which can
lead to an unexpected "split-brain" later on
* fix a specific case where promotion was allowed where it should not
* fix a race condition between auto-promote and a second two-phase
commit that can lead to a DRBD thread locking up in an endless loop
* fix several bugs with "resync-after":
- missing resync-resume when minor numbers run in opposite
direction as the resync-after dependencies
- a race that might lead to an OOPS in add_timer()
* fix an OOPS when reading from in_flight_summary in debugfs
* fix a race that might lead to an endless loop of printing
"postponing start_resync" while starting a resync
* fix diskless node with a diskfull with a 4KiB backend

9.2.3-rc.1 (api:genl2/proto:110-122/transport:18)
--------
* improve matching ACKs to in-memory request objects;
inexact matches were a source of unexpected connection losses
* merge changes from drbd-9.1.14
- fix a race with concurrent promotion and demotion, which can
lead to an unexpected "split-brain" later on
- fix a specific case where promotion was allowed where it should not
- fix a race condition between auto-promote and a second two-phase
commit that can lead to a DRBD thread locking up in an endless loop
- fix several bugs with "resync-after":
- missing resync-resume when minor numbers run in opposite
direction as the resync-after dependencies
- a race that might lead to an OOPS in add_timer()
- fix an OOPS when reading from in_flight_summary in debugfs
- fix a race that might lead to an endless loop of printing
"postponing start_resync" while starting a resync
- fix diskless node with a diskfull with a 4KiB backend

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/9/drbd-9.1.14-rc.1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/b886a10aca3c13524bb142dd37fd4de51c6f0623

https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/drbd/9/drbd-9.2.3-rc.1.tar.gz
https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/4598906f0686e74a05f5ccf6fc89ba77cf60b2ae