Mailing List Archive

DRBD user guide - GFS2 integration handler missing
There is no "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh". What is the correct handler to
use? I found /usr/lib/drbd/stonith_admin-fence-peer.sh.

Reid Wahl (He/Him)
Senior Software Engineer, Red Hat
RHEL High Availability - Pacemaker

Re: DRBD user guide - GFS2 integration handler missing [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:43 PM Reid Wahl <nwahl@redhat.com> wrote:

> There is no "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh". What is the correct handler to
> use? I found /usr/lib/drbd/stonith_admin-fence-peer.sh.

It may be that /usr/lib/drbd/crm_fence_peer.9.sh is equipped to be
used with `fencing resource-and-stonith` and is the correct choice.
The comments suggest that it's designed to work with either
resource-only or resource-and-stonith, although it's less clear how
exactly it works. (The details don't matter much to me at the moment.)

Re: DRBD user guide - GFS2 integration handler missing [ In reply to ]
On 8/3/22 02:06, Reid Wahl wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:43 PM Reid Wahl <nwahl@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is no "/sbin/kill-other-node.sh". What is the correct handler to
>> use? I found /usr/lib/drbd/stonith_admin-fence-peer.sh.
>
> It may be that /usr/lib/drbd/crm_fence_peer.9.sh is equipped to be
> used with `fencing resource-and-stonith` and is the correct choice.
> The comments suggest that it's designed to work with either
> resource-only or resource-and-stonith, although it's less clear how
> exactly it works. (The details don't matter much to me at the moment.)

That's correct. The `/sbin/kill-other-node.sh` script in the example
is just a tongue in cheek way of saying, "any script or program that
can forcibly remove a node from the cluster". We can clarify that to
avoid future confusion.

I know you said you don't care about the details at the moment, but
`resource-only` should put a location constraint in the cluster while
`resource-and-stonith` will also request Pacemaker fence the node. The
location constraint would be removed once DRBD successfully resyncs
from the peer.

Best Regards,
Matt

--
Matt Kereczman – Solutions Architect
matt@linbit.com

LINBIT | Keeping the Digital World Running
HA - DR - SDS

LINBIT® is a registered trademark of LINBIT, Austria.