Mailing List Archive

drbd-9.1.8
Hello DRBD users,

Here is the final drbd-9.1.8 release. Another rc in the 9.2 series will
follow next week.
With this release we restored the protocol compatibility with drbd-8.4. The
reason behind this is that we want to discontinue drbd-9.0. Since upstream
Linux still contains drbd-8.4 we want to have our active branches protocol
compatible with 8.4. Next step for the upstream journey is to build
the CI pipeline for an in-tree DRBD.
In the one week of release candidate state, we got aware of one issue
that is actually a regression in drbd-9.1.7. It is about re-integrating
a node with a backing disk to a diskless primary node.

9.1.8 (api:genl2/proto:110-121/transport:17)
--------
* restore protocol compatibility with drbd-8.4
* detect peers that died silently when starting a two-phase-commit
* correctly abort two-phase-commits when a connection breaks between
phases 1 and 2
* allow re-connect to a node that was forced into secondary role and
where an opener is still present from the last time it was primary
* fix a race condition that allowed to configure two peers with the
same node id
* ensure that an open() call fails within the auto-promote timeout
if it can not succeed
* build fixes for RHEL9
* following upstream changes to DRBD up to Linux 5.17 and updated compat

https://github.com/LINBIT/drbd/commit/2240f77a45d20474f1fd0e187fd4e3e876f5726c
https://pkg.linbit.com/downloads/drbd/9/drbd-9.1.8.tar.gz