Mailing List Archive

linstor-proxmox v5.2.1 and PVE7 information
Dear DRBD on PVE users,

this is version 5.2.1 of linstor-proxmox. pve-storage changed its APIVER
to 9 and also reset its APIAGE. The plugin should not be affected by
these changes, but we still have to flag APIVER 9 as supported. This is
exactly what this release does.

A note on PVE7: If you install/upgrade to PVE7, you obviously need to
change the repo in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/linbit.list as well.
Otherwise you end up with Python components (i.e, linstor-client and
friends) not compatible with the Python version on PVE7. By "pure luck",
the Perl and Java components should work. And now the bad news: we
currently don't have a public 'proxmox-7' repository, but that should
happen today/tomorrow. Please check [1] before you switch to PVE7.

With this release and the hopefully soon to show up proxmox-7 repo we
should be ready for PVE7.

TGZ: https://pkg.linbit.com//downloads/connectors/linstor-proxmox-5.2.1.tar.gz
GIT: https://github.com/LINBIT/linstor-proxmox/releases/tag/v5.2.1

Changes:
* APIVER: 9

[1] https://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/dists/
Re: linstor-proxmox v5.2.1 and PVE7 information [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:02:21AM +0200, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> With this release and the hopefully soon to show up proxmox-7 repo we
> should be ready for PVE7.

repo is online now.

Regards, rck
Re: linstor-proxmox v5.2.1 and PVE7 information [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:55:30AM +0200, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 10:02:21AM +0200, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> > With this release and the hopefully soon to show up proxmox-7 repo we
> > should be ready for PVE7.
>
> repo is online now.

One more thing. We currently have two repos (drbd-9 and drbd-9.0), which
contain exactly the same components except for the kernel dkms
(drbd-dkms).

For the time being, the drbd-9.0 series is still supported, but there is no
reason to not switch to drbd-9 (which basically is the rolling release repo
for 9.1.x, 9.2.x,...). I will update the docs to point to 'drbd-9' soon.

https://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/dists/proxmox-7/drbd-9.0/binary-amd64/
vs.
https://packages.linbit.com/proxmox/dists/proxmox-7/drbd-9/binary-amd64/

Regards, rck