Mailing List Archive

WinDRBD 1.0.0-rc12 released
Dear DRBD and WinDRBD users,

We just released another rc: 1.0.0-rc12. This is a special release because in this
release 3 bugs that affected system stability were fixed. This rc12 ran within
a disconnect / connect loop via Windows firewall and I/O for 5 days without
issues (releases up to rc11 used to crash after max. 2 hours for this test), so
we think that this rc12 is a huge step forward towards a stable release.

Here's the changes in rc12 from the WHATSNEW.md file:

What's new in version 1.0.0-rc12
--------------------------------

Fixed a blue screen on disconnect: Reason was sock_really_free
called wait_event while in APC (in interrupt) and wait_event
tried to sleep.

Fixed a missing mutex_lock in
delete_multicast_elements_and_replies_for_file_object() which
caused a BSOD from time to time.

Fixed deadlock in recursive calls to rcu_read_lock (which are legal)
(rcu_read_lock (A) / synchronize_rcu (B) / rcu_read_lock (A)
where the inner rcu used to hang forever at DISPATCH_LEVEL.

WinDRBD root directory is now relocatable (currently registry key
WinDRBDRoot in HKLM/system/CurrentControlSet/services/WinDRBD
must be edited manually, no installer support yet)

As always an installable EXE can be downloaded from the Linbit
homepage: the URL is:

https://linbit.com/linbit-software-download-page-for-linstor-and-drbd-linux-driver/#windrbd

Thank you for using WInDRBD we are always excited to hear feedback from you,

Best regards,

- Johannes